[Warning] Beware of Hahareptiles

Paladin Exotics

Arachnopeon
Okay, so these guys at Hahareptiles are the same guys that run reptile city. I put in a $500 order to get the free shipping for orders over 500. I ordered:
6 metallic pink toe
6 cobalt blue
5 Asian forest scorp
5 redclaw scorp
After a 10 days of not hearing from them I called the number on the site and it rang to a texas cell phone and a southern man answered and told me they were working on shipping the order. A week later I got what looked like 3 red claws and 7 Asian forest scorp, and 6 of what looked like regular wild caught a avic, not metallic, one of which died 2 days later, and there were no cobalt blues at all. I called them and they said they had to wait on the shipment. A week later they said they got the shipment and the spiders had some legs missing and suggested that I either wait or get something else they had available. I asked for a refund and they said okay. After a week of no refund onto my card I called but I've never been able to get an answer so I disputed the entire charge on my card and I'm still waiting to hear back from the bank.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Okay, so these guys at Hahareptiles are the same guys that run reptile city. I put in a $500 order to get the free shipping for orders over 500. I ordered:
6 metallic pink toe
6 cobalt blue
5 Asian forest scorp
5 redclaw scorp
After a 10 days of not hearing from them I called the number on the site and it rang to a texas cell phone and a southern man answered and told me they were working on shipping the order. A week later I got what looked like 3 red claws and 7 Asian forest scorp, and 6 of what looked like regular wild caught a avic, not metallic, one of which died 2 days later, and there were no cobalt blues at all. I called them and they said they had to wait on the shipment. A week later they said they got the shipment and the spiders had some legs missing and suggested that I either wait or get something else they had available. I asked for a refund and they said okay. After a week of no refund onto my card I called but I've never been able to get an answer so I disputed the entire charge on my card and I'm still waiting to hear back from the bank.
Yep, expect poor service from them for sure. ReptileCity has some snake mites on their snakes if you ever order any from them. So I would avoind anything Reptile City related.

Were you planning on selling those inverts at retail price?? How large are these specimens that you've received?

Paladin Exotics

Arachnopeon
I was planning on breeding them. The avics were all juvies about 2 to 3 inches except for one large Male. The scorpions were quite large adults.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I was planning on breeding them. The avics were all juvies about 2 to 3 inches except for one large Male. The scorpions were quite large adults.
I'm just gonna give my honest tips and thoughts for you (a free lesson that I normally charge for :troll:): If you want to start making profit, you gotta make smarter decisions. I can buy 5 A. avics females for a bundle of about $120-$150, I know breeders and vendors that'll lend me a hand. If you want to breed for profit, don't just jump the gun into breeding, you gotta know people first. Build bonds with vendors/sellers, local breeders, and even those big reputable sellers. If you're trying to dedicate to making some sort of profit or even a little bit of profit you gotta use your contacts and spread out a little more or you'll be stuck with buying T.'s at a retail price and settling for a much less profit :eek:. Think smarter not harder :drowning::rolleyes:. A. avics had huge imports recently, dragging prices down $5-$10 a sling. People are still weird enough to sell at $15 a sling. Even I was smart enough to know around 2-3 vendors before breeding, but then again I learned from someone else's collection :cigar:.

There's a lot to think about, but you gotta expand your contacts for starters. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for any A. avic female (Morph type 1 or 6, either way).

Just a vendor tip:
If you want to be reputable you can't sell those scorps unless you know what you're dealing with.

Paladin Exotics

Arachnopeon
I was only paying him 15 for the avics.

I have a pretty decent network of breeders. My brother owns the Show Me Snakes Reptile & Exotics Show in STL and I vend there so I have a chance to meet a lot of the local dealers. I was able to sell the scorpions and I'm going to breed the avics when they mature.
I ordered from Haha because the prices were good and I just wanted to see what they were about. Unfortunately I don't think they actually have the animals on hand judging by the amount of time it took for them to actually ship. I think they're just buying from another wholesaler and then shipping them to the customers.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I was only paying him 15 for the avics.
That's the issue I'm trying to tell you. Anyone (even a normal person) can buy 2''-3'' A. avics for $15. You gotta find a way to get it lower, especially if you know other breeders.

I ordered from Haha because the prices were good and I just wanted to see what they were about.
Those prices were fair not good. A local breeder can offer a 2''-3'' A. avic for $10. Your brother really needs to get you going with the breeders (personally), I'm talking like personal contact info level of trust. Your thinking really astonishes me in terms of business.

I think they're just buying from another wholesaler and then shipping them to the customers.
That's what any logical big brand seller would do. A. avics are not really being bred right now because of the large imports that are coming in constantly. While their are people looking for CB specimens, breeders are dealing with the competitiveness in selling CB stock which are against the huge import numbers. A person would rather pay $20 for a 3.5''-4'' specimen than a $15 CB 1'' specimen. I have trouble sometimes myself.

I have a pretty decent network of breeders.
This bugs me a lot. :banghead: