better eater?

• G. pulchra

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • B. smithi

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

targui

Arachnopeon
maybe its a stupid question, but from your experience... who's the better eater,
G. pulchra or B. smithi?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Both will eat heavily as slings, both don't care very much about food as adults. I'd say they're about equal. There will always be individual differences, of course.

cold blood

Staff member
Both can be very good eaters...both can also fast extensively.

Its a horse a piece:bored:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
My personal experience has been that G.pulchra eat more regularly than B.smithi. Yes, both will refuse meals now and then, but my G.pulchra do that less often and for shorter periods.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
it means its the same either way.....you whippersnapper, you've never heard that before??
How does that even make sense? A horse a piece? I feel like I should know this, my grandfather breeds and sells horses for a living.

Shawnee

Arachnosquire
Funny that pulchra has 100% of the vote right now. My smithi's have always eaten pretty well. I did vote for pulchra as well, as in my experience they typically eat better. It's the B. boehmei's I have a problem with, I hate them because they are so beautiful but never like eating that much.

targui

Arachnopeon
i love how you can ask whatever you want here, even if you think that nobody cares about it, and people still give their opinions and try to help... had to say it, i love that, no other site like this:D

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
i love how you can ask whatever you want here, even if you think that nobody cares about it, and people still give their opinions and try to help... had to say it, i love that, no other site like this:D
It's a big community..... someone out there cares:)

It's basically facebook for spiders

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
The pulchra I have kept/keeping eat more regularly than the smithi I have kept. I believe that they are roughly equal for the most part though.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
it mI am ans its the same either way.....you whippersnapper, you've never heard that before??
I'm learning all new kinds of sayings and words while i am on here...:rofl:
Whippersnapper. Sounds fishy :D

@Op, there's always an answer :)
I do not have a G.pulchra yet, but my B.smithi is a good eater. When she's not busy kicking the crap out of herself :shifty: