The OFFICIAL YouTube thread for tarantula care and husbandry channels

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
Deadly Tarantula Girl is a bane on this hobby. She treats these animals like objects, nothing more. Burrowers with 1" of substrate, webbers with no anchors, arboreals with no cork. She feeds them to keep them alive, but she clearly does not care about the well-being of her spiders. She is click bait.

Was not aware of the negative perception of her. I always had the volume low or muted due to the shrill voice. She is that bad huh?

There was a reason why I "hesitantly" recommended her.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Jon and Robc are two of my favorites, but Jon's husbandry is... questionable at times. Still pretty good and fun to watch.

Arcana

Arachnopeon
I love love looove MariLynn Moores tarantula feeding videos!! Just love them so much! I have to admit that almost every night I watch them untill I fall asleep <3 There are so many Ts in so many sizes and for me, the way videomaker speaks english is easy to listen because I can understand it :) Greetings from Finland if you read this :) :)

gobey

Arachnoknight
Deadly Tarantula Girl is a bane on this hobby. She treats these animals like objects, nothing more. Burrowers with 1" of substrate, webbers with no anchors, arboreals with no cork. She feeds them to keep them alive, but she clearly does not care about the well-being of her spiders. She is click bait.
I've seen her misinformative videos... She had a King Baboon in like... Just a few inches of substrate

She was like "she's always pushing the dirt around"

Yeah because she can't cover herself enough to build a real tunnel.

The only reason I haven't gotten one is that I don't yet feel like making a super deep enclosure to accommodate their tunneling needs yet.

And her reccommendations for too 5 this or that make no sense.

I have only seen one of her videos, will admit something about her rubbed me the wrong way, didn't know about her lack of good husbandtry.

Jon3800, tarantula addict are my favorites. I like Robs videos alot too. Looks like he provides top notch accommodations for his Ts also definitely shows them compassion.
I've watched like all their stuff back when I first got into keeping Ts...

I like them but I think even some of their advice and behavior with their pets are outdated... I think for when they uploaded the videos... They each did great services for the hobby... But Rob as much as he loves his Ts... Is always poking at them or something and has suffered kind of a high amount of OW bites to look up to IMO... Not that it can't happen to anybody... But I think if he was a little less excitable he could have avoided it.

Jon is more down to earth... But I think had more Ts than he could handle. Had a lot of deaths... His videos were super thorough though.

It really depends on what you primarily use YouTube for.
I subscribe to a lot of different channels because I am not primarily looking for care information - I'm looking for what to expect from the tarantula itself. I use YouTube more to see the temperament of the spider, and how it reacts to interactions and being rehoused, than I use it for actual care information.
Whenever I am contemplating getting a tarantula that I am not familiar with - I head to YouTube to see how that tarantula acts. Although I might read a hundred different comments calling it 'skittish', 'defensive', 'fast' - nothing can really prepare you for those things as much as a video of them displaying those traits.
I subscribe to the below people. I have gotten something from all their accounts - whether it is good or bad - so I feel that it is worth checking them out when I am in need of information.
My suggestion is that you don't limit yourself in your research, but that you ask questions of the information that you find. Not every single resource is going to be 100% correct, but they are not going to be 100% incorrect either. The best thing you can do is become knowledgeable enough to know which is which. You get that knowledge from asking questions.

Tom Moran - https://www.youtube.com/user/Bigpappawap
@EulersK - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjLxvuG_WUS3635sM4RIwow
@petkokc - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjLxvuG_WUS3635sM4RIwow
@louise f - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUT3bg4LhdJ1zeITYAR6KnA
The Spiderman - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuiMe-oNuxzIAfNyWnFxxig
Jon 3800 - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCigdM4ANCa57ahvX-nBbeOg
Deadly Tarantula Girl - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfwc4PypFAOIDBU9lfmHm2w
Tarantupedia - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdj3SNN_kTv_DAI1F9I7VdQ
I'm looking for newer channels I haven't already seen... I don't really need care info... I'm pretty versed on how to take care of my Ts... Maybe the only thing that will be challenging is eventually rehousing these pokies when they get beyond like 2 or 3 inches...

I'm not concerned with care for my new B. emilia.... Sub, water, hide, crickets, spider.

I just want to see... Anything I guess... It could be care. Could be lists of best this or that T... Something on new world or old world..... Just a good T channel...

But I'm tired of finding ones where I watch them and cringe at the info or how they treat the spider....

I'm essentially just excited about a new T and want to overdose on T stuff... But quality T stuff

Ceymann

Arachnoknight
I've seen her misinformative videos... She had a King Baboon in like... Just a few inches of substrate

She was like "she's always pushing the dirt around"

Yeah because she can't cover herself enough to build a real tunnel.

The only reason I haven't gotten one is that I don't yet feel like making a super deep enclosure to accommodate their tunneling needs yet.

And her reccommendations for too 5 this or that make no sense.

I've watched like all their stuff back when I first got into keeping Ts...

I like them but I think even some of their advice and behavior with their pets are outdated... I think for when they uploaded the videos... They each did great services for the hobby... But Rob as much as he loves his Ts... Is always poking at them or something and has suffered kind of a high amount of OW bites to look up to IMO... Not that it can't happen to anybody... But I think if he was a little less excitable he could have avoided it.

Jon is more down to earth... But I think had more Ts than he could handle. Had a lot of deaths... His videos were super thorough though.

I'm looking for newer channels I haven't already seen... I don't really need care info... I'm pretty versed on how to take care of my Ts... Maybe the only thing that will be challenging is eventually rehousing these pokies when they get beyond like 2 or 3 inches...

I'm not concerned with care for my new B. emilia.... Sub, water, hide, crickets, spider.

I just want to see... Anything I guess... It could be care. Could be lists of best this or that T... Something on new world or old world..... Just a good T channel...

But I'm tired of finding ones where I watch them and cringe at the info or how they treat the spider....

I'm essentially just excited about a new T and want to overdose on T stuff... But quality T stuff
I agree, Rob gets pretty riled up about stuff, but his excitement expresses his passion, Jon3800 is great due to him being thorough and up to date with taxonomy,

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Unfortunately, that is the category that the vast majority fall under... complete garbage and people looking for their 15 minutes of fame at the spider's expense.

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
What is up with the dislike yo? @Thistles

I said "hesitantly" and I asked for clarification later in this thread.

"Was not aware of the negative perception of her. I always had the volume low or muted due to the shrill voice. She is that bad huh?

There was a reason why I "hesitantly" recommended her."

Other members have responded directly or indirectly and my opinion has changed.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
There can be only one youtube channel, and I saw a lightning bolt in the direction of @EulersK

If you didn't get that reference you're either too young, or don't know good television :)

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
What is up with the dislike yo? @Thistles

I said "hesitantly" and I asked for clarification later in this thread.

"Was not aware of the negative perception of her. I always had the volume low or muted due to the shrill voice. She is that bad huh?

There was a reason why I "hesitantly" recommended her."

Other members have responded directly or indirectly and my opinion has changed.
I'm glad you've revised your opinion. I dislike the recommendation, hesitant or otherwise. I don't like her channel, her presentation, her husbandry or her interactions with people. I hope that wasn't too brusque, lol.

Entrepulchranhandur

Xenesthnomorphis
Hey guys, I'm one of those people who just loves to watch videos from other arachnid hobbyists/enthusiasts/collectors. I've been in this hobby for a few years now and have begun working on my own channel. I obviously want to gain subscribers to entertain with my own collection activities, so if you're like me and love the YouTube tarantula community check out my channel for some fresh videos. If you have channels with videos of your own, link them to me so I can watch yours!

Entrepulchranhandur

Xenesthnomorphis
It's nothing fancy. No edits, intros etc. It's just for me to be honest. Gives me a place to store videos I've made.
That's why I like watching videos from different people. Different styles and reasons for recording all in one hobby. I love it :) I subbed

Bugmom

Arachnolord
It's in my signature. I'm trying to get at least one out a week these days. Just bought new editing software, and I'm still learning how to use it. I was using Windows Movie Maker, but I wanted something a little more robust.