best way to water scorpions

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
is there a way to provide a good water source to emperors with out the use of a shallow water dish?

currently i keep 2 very shallow water dishes whitch they will drain very quickly and am wondering if there is some type of gel they can drink or something that is easiar to work with.

currently i keep my crickets on a calcium fortified gel water source as well as oranges from my trees however my scorps do not like this cricket drink so i am wondering if anyone knows of a scorpion equivalent.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Below are a few threads that deal with your question, I prefer to use shallow water dishes 3.8cm or 1.5" deep. Do you have a lid on the tank, my dishes will dry up in two weeks if I don't rewater them but not real fast. Is your humidity up to 80% and hows the substrate depth and material?

Hope the threads below help.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=44352

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=67638

This thread talks about his Urodacus Manicatus but deviates to water gel...
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=83552

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i keep a screened lid on my tank with between 60-80% humidity given time of day and my substrate is 6 inches of peat moss with gravel on the bottom and a tube to run water to the bottom

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i keep a screened lid on my tank with between 60-80% humidity given time of day and my substrate is 6 inches of peat moss with gravel on the bottom and a tube to run water to the bottom
The only thing I would suggest to change or add is to put a glass or acrylic plank over the screen lid so you can regulate the air flow thus keeping it more humid. my humidity is 80% at the lowest, and outside of the tanks it is 15-20%. (Make sure any heating element is far enough away to avoid burning or cracking)

I keep the glass canopy lid on (the kind for fish tanks) for roughly 22 hours out of the day, when I get home from work I draw them back for a couple of hours to exchange the air. as seen in pics below

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The only thing I would suggest to change or add is to put a glass or acrylic plank over the screen lid so you can regulate the air flow thus keeping it more humid. my humidity is 80% at the lowest, and outside of the tanks it is 15-20%. (Make sure any heating element is far enough away to avoid burning or cracking)

I keep the glass canopy lid on (the kind for fish tanks) for roughly 22 hours out of the day, when I get home from work I draw them back for a couple of hours to exchange the air. as seen in pics below

How does it feel to sleep in red room? I was irritated for awhile so I started switching my lights off at night and would turn them back on around 5-6 a.m.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How does it feel to sleep in red room? I was irritated for awhile so I started switching my lights off at night and would turn them back on around 5-6 a.m.
That's the dinning room. L{DL I like pitch black cool and quiet.

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am having trouble with humidity with my emp tank at the moment. I keep the almost the entire thing covered with a large piece of plastic (lid to one of the giant tupperware containers) and a towel on the other end. I spray it constantly and use my infrared lamp to really warm it up. But my humidity never gets higher then 60%

Ha MY room is red.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I am having trouble with humidity with my emp tank at the moment. I keep the almost the entire thing covered with a large piece of plastic (lid to one of the giant tupperware containers) and a towel on the other end. I spray it constantly and use my infrared lamp to really warm it up. But my humidity never gets higher then 60%
My tanks are so humid there is condensation on the inside glass :drool: (that is why I open the lid for a few hours a day). I use the false bottom set up and NEVER have to spray, I only fill up the water dishes weekly :p (as that is when I clean the water dishes, they'll keep full for 2+ wks) and only pour water down the tubes 2 to 3 months apart. :D

????josh????

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I use shallow water dishes about 3/4 of an inch deep. They seem to work pretty well for me.