Best way to transport A T for a presentation

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a presentation coming up in my speech class and I want to take my 6.5" LP as my visual aid. The problem is it's a 20 minute drive to school and then I have three classes before that one. Plus after I get to school, it's a 5-10 minute walk to my first class and then a 5-10 minute walk to the building my next three are in. So I need a way to transport it without stressing it. My plan was to take my backpack and put padding such as clothes in the bottom of it, then place the LP inside a KK and set it on the padding, then pack the sides tight so the KK is snug in my back pack. And I am going to leave a part of unzipped to keep airflowing. Will this work? Or does anyone have a better way to do it?

Thanks

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I brought a couple of Ts to some of my high school classes in the past. All I did was get a solid, non-clear, container and carried them each in there. I also had a large KK that I carried around in a separate bag. The T was in the solid container, which was in the KK. When presentation time came, I opened the solid container and let her crawl out into the KK. Your idea would work fine though.

Malodave

Arachnopeon
I wear my Chaco Golden Knee on my hat. I have also done this with my Mexican Red Knee too. I go to stores, flea markes, yard sales with them.

I usually have the shoebox size KK in the truck with me or a carry a small KK with me to put them in if they get irritated.

Malodave

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wear my Chaco Golden Knee on my hat. I have also done this with my Mexican Red Knee too. I go to stores, flea markes, yard sales with them.

I usually have the shoebox size KK in the truck with me or a carry a small KK with me to put them in if they get irritated.

Malodave
You're kidding, right?

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have traveled 260 miles on the highway with mine and they did fine. I loaded their encloures into the vehical, and of we went. I am not sure about carrying it round all day, though. Your backpack idea sounds good. You should not wear it on your back though, it might rattle the LP too much.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I think ur idea would work, but definatly don't put it on your back. Carry it in your hand or if you have a duffle bag, or suitcase with wheels, I bet those would be way better and less "bumpy" for the T. Just my opinion though.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The only thing I'm worried about is if I don't carry it on my back and I carry it in my hands, I have to walk across campus between hundreds of people and I am afraid my bag could get kicked, bumped, or dropped.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I think if your careful, and pack it well a few bumps here and there shouldn't be a problem. Just pay close attention to the bag and make sure it's fine and you wont have a problem. I have carried similar things in my bag through school all day that were WAY more breakable and never had a problem. Just pack it good and pay close attention to what you are doing and you will be just fine.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight

Malodave
That's so awesome! Are they that tame?

Malodave

Arachnopeon
That's so awesome! Are they that tame?
Yes, The Chaco, two Red Knees, and the Rosie are all that tame. I have not had the Rosie on my hat yet but I will try soon. The weather is turning cold here so there will be few times left until spring.

....Sorry but...How? :confused:
They usually sit right on top or where the brim meets the rest of the baseball style hat.

Malodave

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, The Chaco, two Red Knees, and the Rosie are all that tame. I have not had the Rosie on my hat yet but I will try soon. The weather is turning cold here so there will be few times left until spring.

They usually sit right on top or where the brim meets the rest of the baseball style hat.

Malodave
Please tell me you're kidding. If you aren't then that's seriously stupid and I feel terrible for your Ts.

Cass

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Malodave
First, tarantulas can't be tamed.

Second, you put your Ts at a great risk of falling when you do that. And from a fall that high, it will die. You need to think about the Ts safety, not how cool it will look.

Third, not to be rude, but if you want a pet you can tame and carry around with you wherever you go, then a tarantula is not for you. Stick to carrying your snakes around, a T is not suitable to carry around like that and should not be carried around like that.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
*thinks about getting a snake* Well, I'm going to Petco. I'll see you all in a bit.

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm sorry Malo, but I really have to agree with the others here: that is really NOT cool! I carry my ferrets arround on my shoulders. They bounce if they hit the floor, Ts shatter. And as much as I hate that people are freaked out by spiders, freaking them out on purpose by wearing a giant spider around isn't really cool either. It will just make them have a worse attitude in the future whereas if they were introduced to tarantulas responsibly they could learn how amazing they are instead! And if that weren't enough, the fact remains that there is the occasional person out there who has a brain override system that says "Spider! Kill it!" no matter whether that spider is on a human, a cherished pet, or not. For their safety, for yours, for other's safety and for the rest of us who love tarantulas and want other people to love them too, please do not do this.

Knight in Gale

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
cant you just take it your class in the morning and leave it there all day?
thats what i did whenever i brought em to school i just kept em in one class the whole time and picked em up when everyone was gone and clear so i wouldnt bump into anyone either.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cant you just take it your class in the morning and leave it there all day?
thats what i did whenever i brought em to school i just kept em in one class the whole time and picked em up when everyone was gone and clear so i wouldnt bump into anyone either.
Nope. I'm in college. There are no set classrooms. There's probably three or four teachers that use the same classroom at different times throughout the day. And my classes are in two different buildings so I have to walk across campus.

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh yeah, look at that. There you are right at the top. Sorry Chris. :eek: Good luck to YOU with your presentation. Sounds like you have everything well in hand (no pun intended.) Let us know how it goes!
And when I can't tell who I am talking to anymore, it is obviously time for bed. *Yawn*