Best way to keep up with Molt Cycles

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If we get hit with an EMP on the scale needed to bring down all of the net I'm not going to care about Ts molt dates. I will be busy with other things. :p
Man, that just shows your level of dedication to the hobby..jeez! :wacky:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Need reference on that Verbatim, the current media from them only lasts 100 years, jeez film lasts WAY longer than that!

But a virus could, or an EMP weapon could. Never trust electronics and the "cloud". Servers are man-made junk, nothing more. Relying on electronics makes day to day basics more complicated and expensive than it needs to be. Now if you are going to graph trends etc etc, have at it.
I'm not allowed to use natural disasters, but you can use EMP weapons? Well now that's not fair!

I am a firm lover of anything electronic - it's my biggest hobby next to T's. I'm not the "latest and greatest" type of guy, but I utilize electronics as much as possible. eBooks are more convenient due to the dictionary built in; helpful when reading books that have been translated from another language. Voice guided GPS allows me to safely navigate without taking my eyes off the road to use a map (although it does ruin my sense of direction). Voice-to-text helps me text friends half a continent away as quickly as I can talk. Constant weather updates allow me to better plan for the days ahead.

@Thistles would you direct me to the specific labels you use. I have been looking for something like that to put on plastic containers, that comes off and doesn't leave glue behind (aside from Post-It notes).
Go to Staples.com and search "Avery removable". Take your pick, just don't buy from them (ungodly expensive). I used to do this when I did what Thistles explained.

crawley07

Arachnopeon
Sweet I think I'll take best of both worlds. Writing on paper when I have to quickly and later on backing up everything electronically / digitally so I have info in both places if I end up loosing one or the other. Thanks again

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm not allowed to use natural disasters, but you can use EMP weapons? Well now that's not fair!

I am a firm lover of anything electronic - it's my biggest hobby next to T's. I'm not the "latest and greatest" type of guy, but I utilize electronics as much as possible. eBooks are more convenient due to the dictionary built in; helpful when reading books that have been translated from another language. Voice guided GPS allows me to safely navigate without taking my eyes off the road to use a map (although it does ruin my sense of direction). Voice-to-text helps me text friends half a continent away as quickly as I can talk. Constant weather updates allow me to better plan for the days ahead.

Go to Staples.com and search "Avery removable". Take your pick, just don't buy from them (ungodly expensive). I used to do this when I did what Thistles explained.
You may use natural disasters, my point was, a fire burns not only paper, but HDs too, so who cares haha

I use all of that tech you wrote (minus e-books, see no purpose in them for MANY reasons for me) and build my own comps as you know. However, I also look to do something simple and easy.

The e-book is a good example for me. I would never switch from books to an electronic gadget that requires electricity. On top of that, if I travel anywhere, I don't care if my book gets bent, but an e-book reader, well that would pose a serious problem with current technology.

Paper is still far superior to electronics for many reasons.

I communicate faster than voice-text software. I can call a person. Speaking is faster than texting no matter how texting is done.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
THANKS A LOT!!!!!! Had no idea Avery had such a product, exactly what I'm looking for!!
I cut 'em up to make them go farther. I can get 4-6 from one label, and sometimes I use the edges for tiny slings.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I cut 'em up to make them go farther. I can get 4-6 from one label, and sometimes I use the edges for tiny slings.
Perfect. Exactly what I need. I ALMOST went with a label maker, but the labels stick on permanently more/or less, I always re-use containers! Plus I didn't feel like paying for the consumables.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Sweet I think I'll take best of both worlds. Writing on paper when I have to quickly and later on backing up everything electronically / digitally so I have info in both places if I end up loosing one or the other. Thanks again
You sure opened a can of worms, haven't you? :p

I communicate faster than voice-text software. I can call a person. Speaking is faster than texting no matter how texting is done.
Hello, allow me to introduce you to my generation. We Millennials refuse to speak on the phone! My personal voicemail literally says "Don't leave a voicemail, text me."

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Man, that just shows your level of dedication to the hobby..jeez! :wacky:
Have you ever watched Escape From New York? You know the scene at the end where.....
He kills all the power every where on Earth. Then as the bad a_ he is lights his smoke with the matches they gave him.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking would be needed to take out the net. At that point.. well there will be a lot more for me to worry about. Like packing up the Ts and pets and hopping down to Pop's house till the crazy dies down. :mask:

Last edited:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
THANKS A LOT!!!!!! Had no idea Avery had such a product, exactly what I'm looking for!!
That was pretty much exactly my reaction. Why have I not known about the existence of dry erase labels before today?
Brilliant.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello, allow me to introduce you to my generation. We Millennials refuse to speak on the phone! My personal voicemail literally says "Don't leave a voicemail, text me."
If someone can't be bothered to listen to their vmail (quite a few of my peers), I can't be bothered answering their STUPID questions of "what did you want", when said question is answered by my vmail!! Nor do I have time to text people when it's much faster to speak than to type. Speaking is more efficient than texting.

I can't help it that your generation and others have adopted such anti-social technologies so readily w/out realizing the consequences of said technologies.

There's no substitute for the human voice, its tone etc. A text is nothing more than a prepared response.

The less a person speaks to another person, the less social society becomes and the more violent it becomes. Facebook is anything but "social media" for example, it's exactly the opposite IMO. I'm always amazed when people get upset over things such as "s/he just friended/defriended me", as if that means anything of substance.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
If someone can't be bothered to listen to their vmail (quite a few of my peers), I can't be bothered answering their STUPID questions of "what did you want", when said question is answered by my vmail!! Nor do I have time to text people when it's much faster to speak than to type. Speaking is more efficient than texting.

I can't help it that your generation and others have adopted such anti-social technologies so readily w/out realizing the consequences of said technologies.

There's no substitute for the human voice, its tone etc. A text is nothing more than a prepared response.

The less a person speaks to another person, the less social society becomes and the more violent it becomes. Facebook is anything but "social media" for example, it's exactly the opposite IMO. I'm always amazed when people get upset over things such as "s/he just friended/defriended me", as if that means anything of substance.
Yeah, Facebook is one of the banes of my generation. I never said I was proud of my generation! Although I am happy to say that I don't bother with that site. This site is about the only "social" site that I visit.

cold blood

Staff member
You sure opened a can of worms, haven't you? :p

I got my cell in 1994....I had voicemail promptly removed...I see it as just a stupid, redundant thing...ever notice that when you leave a voice mail, 90% of the time you get a call back asking "what's up"...that's because people use the caller id to see that they were called and by whom, and rarely actually listen to the voice mail....and yeah, just text if you can't get ahold of me....its so much easier and convenient than voice mail...I refuse to leave voice mail messages, period....Texting and caller id make voice mail totally obsolete. Just caller id is enough to see who called....emergency message, only fools don't text.

If someone can't be bothered to listen to their vmail (quite a few of my peers), I can't be bothered answering their STUPID questions of "what did you want", when said question is answered by my email!! Nor do I have time to text people when it's much faster to speak than to type. Speaking is more efficient than texting.

But yet I know you text freely.:smug:

But yeah, @EulersK 's generation is a bunch of oddballs and wierdos.:shifty::rofl:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I got my cell in 1994....I had voicemail promptly removed...I see it as just a stupid, redundant thing...ever notice that when you leave a voice mail, 90% of the time you get a call back asking "what's up"...that's because people use the caller id to see that they were called and by whom, and rarely actually listen to the voice mail....and yeah, just text if you can't get ahold of me....its so much easier and convenient than voice mail...I refuse to leave voice mail messages, period....Texting and caller id make voice mail totally obsolete. Just caller id is enough to see who called....emergency message, only fools don't text.

But yet I know you text freely.:smug:

But yeah, @EulersK 's generation is a bunch of oddballs and wierdos.:shifty::rofl:
I do text freely, mostly because I feel I may be imposing on someone's time, let them answer it when it's best for them.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I dislike speaking on the phone a great deal... texting has been the best thing to ever happen to me. Although, if the conversation is going to be a long one, I do end up calling the person.

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah, Facebook is one of the banes of my generation.
I don't think there's any question that the world would be a better place without facebook......facebook is like an idiot festival IMO.

Octagon

Arachnoperson

I agree with you. To me, texting is cumbersome compared to speaking on the phone. It is communication "once removed". When I really, really need an answer to something, or if the subject matter is important or complex, I rely on extracting all the nuance and immediacy conveyed by the human voice. To me, texting is like doing a delicate job requiring a lot of precision and manual dexterity, with gloves on vs. your bare hands. It's OK for routine tasks but when you really need to get it right, you need to pick up the phone and speak to the other person.

I am curious as to whether my feeling about this is a function of my age; that is, whether younger people, who grew up with texting, have the same sense that it "loses something" in comparison to actual speech.