Best way to introduce?

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
whats the best way to introduce to each other to breed? I have M/F V.coahuilae and also M/F V.puritanus. should i put male into females tank or vice-versa, or put them into an entirently different enclosure together?
and no i'm not mixing the species!

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What works for me:

Make sure they are both WELL fed,
Add Male to female enclosure,
Don't panic if it looks like all out war, it can be quite scary to watch, if you are really concerned, try again later. I had a pair fight for 40mins, but no stings really hit home, just clubbing each other with their telsons. Never mated though, turns out female was already gravid.
Be prepared to remove the male as soon as he has done his job.(though others say theirs got on fine after, I like to be prepared)

Best of luck:D

Damo

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There is no science to this at all. Just put 'em together. Really its that simple. I have recieved male and females in the mail and put them in the same cage as soon as I unpack them and they mate immediatly.

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks Damo and Brian, Bad news thou, I put them together they started dancing and hitting each other for about ten mins, so i seperated cuz it was getting intense, I put them back in there own container's, then I checked on them a couple of mins. ago and he is dead, Bummer:( W
Well this was my first attempt at breeding scorps, so I guess you learn from your mistakes....W

MissConnie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Blimey! I wonder why he died! she didnt manage to "get him" did she?

Im sorry that happened.

xxxx