best way to clean out a P.terror cage?

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i was wondering whether putting the terrarium in the bathtub will be suficient in stopping or slowing down a Usambara from escape. Not that it is going anywhere because my mom is a "anything smaller than a poodle"phobe and i have to make sure i put a towel infront of the door crack(for her sake)

anyway ive heard about putting them in the frige but any other ways? thanx

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You might could try containing it in a deli cup while you clean out its cage, if you can get it in there.

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hopefully i dont get my fingers gnwed on lol...i see what i can do. Thanx

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hopefully i dont get my fingers gnwed on lol...i see what i can do. Thanx

T

Tarantula

Spray some bug spray on the spider until it is dead and then clean it.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Tarantula...hmmm, very sick sense of humor :eek: :eek:

bathtubs work wonders for this type of cleaning.
They have a *harder* time climbing the sides then they would say...your face, or something else :D
Also, once they are out of there burrows, and containers, their defensive side usually becomes more of a run and hide type attitude IME
Use the bathtub, but remember to plug the drain!
You can her him/her into a deli cup without alot of fanfare

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
of all the techniques listed...the bug spray one wins!

no really though ill use the bath tub method cuz i may wanna watch my T live and not die.

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula
I bet you've had great succes with this method... :?

But seriously: Paladin, I don't know what your bathroom looks like, but mine has very little places to hide for a T, so even if it runs out of the bathtub it can be easily recaptured, when a T would make a run for it in my bedroom I'd have a hard time recapturing it, lots of places to hide there. So the bathroom is the way to go for me.
greetz,
Joozt

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What I did instead of bringing all the cages to the bathroom everytime I wanted to clean them is to make a tank to clean them in, I took an old twenty gallon fish tank that sits in a closet that had a screen top to it, I hot glued a piece of cloth, about eight inches in width, all around the inside of the tank hanging from the edge, I put the t's cage inside of this, if the t escapes and runs up the 20g tank, it always runs up the side of the tank and stops when it gets under the cloth thats hanging down.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula
Perhaps this is an attempt at ribald humor..but I am sickened and..angered by it. To kill an animal for simply being what was hardwired into it really shows who the less enlightened one is.
Peace,
Gillian

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by mebebraz
What I did instead of bringing all the cages to the bathroom everytime I wanted to clean them is to make a tank to clean them in, I took an old twenty gallon fish tank that sits in a closet that had a screen top to it, I hot glued a piece of cloth, about eight inches in width, all around the inside of the tank hanging from the edge, I put the t's cage inside of this, if the t escapes and runs up the 20g tank, it always runs up the side of the tank and stops when it gets under the cloth thats hanging down.
Hey,
Perhaps its my headache but, do you have a pic? This would work for me, as the thing that keeps me from P. terrors, is that fact that they may escape. I use a 30G Sterilite container, when working with slings. If they happen to escape, I let them get their running out, and then catch.
Peace,
Gillian