Best way to clean off Avic Droppings?

T-chick

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have an sub adult A.Avic in a KK/herp ranch style KK.
It's favorite pooping place is the door.
What is the best way to clean it off?:?
Thanks
T-Chick

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If they are stuck on good you can use a bit of an acrylic aquarium scrubber pad, but mostly it just smears the poo around and you have to go back with a damp wash cloth to get the rest off.

I like to steal the long Q-tips from the doctors office to reach those difficult places, but I allwasy forget when I am there. :) When I do remember, my doc laughs at me and says that it isn't stealing when I ask for them.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cheshire, your scrubbers look nice (I guess, I am a hetero female so I really don't appreciate their beauty as much as I am sure others will)... But I think they aren't abrasive enough to get the dried on bits off. Although the enzymes from the now flowing saliva from the nearest males should help... ;)

... I was going to make a comment about my scrubbers, but nothing good came up.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In my KK's, everything but the spider is contained in a pan at the bottom. I just remove it whole with substrate/plants/wathever accessories, put my baby in a deli cup and wash it like ordinairy dishes!!! Just avoid anything too strong or abrasive or it won't stay clear long!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
To remove poo from avic target practice, I usually take a small piece of paper towel and wrap it around the ends of my tweezers, dip it it water, and wipe. Sometimes you have to do it a couple of times, but it usually works.