Best tubs for snakes.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am wanting to switch my snakes over to tubs. I dont however want to build a rack system(as I only have a few snakes).

I need one for a ball python female sub adult, and an adult corn snake. The problem is I am worried they will get out. I looked at various containers, from sterilite, rubbermaid..and a few others. The one design flaw is all the latches are at the ends. none of the opaque containers have lids on all four sides.

the lids on these things are flimsy along the sides of the tubs, and I am pretty sure a snake could easily lift it just enough to slide on out.

Any ideas?

desertanimal

Arachnoknight
I use binder clips for the tubs I have with tops. I just have cornsnakes, but they make hefty binder clips. I'd think two on each side and you'd be set. You could also consider making Velcro straps with that sticky-backed Velcro. That wouldn't go anywhere.

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just found ones at walmart that have two clips that fold over the lid and lock on the long sides and one on each end with a rubber seal inside that no snake can get out of ill get the name later! im at work!

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I drilled two wholes on each side an put wings nuts to lock them down.

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have had snakes escape from the tubs so I have employed similar security measures including the wingnuts, as well as luggage straps are also very handy and make it super secure.