Best time to breed after a molt cycle

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Im just wondering which time span after a female molts out is the best time to breed her (in terms of success ratio of eggsac and health impact on the females)... 4 weeks after the molt, 6 weeks after the molt, or 8 weeks after a molt... I just want to get some input from experience or expert breeders. Thanks...

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My general rule of thumb is between one and four months post-molt.

Sometimes I stretch it, depending on species.

Just my experience.

By the way, that albopilosum male got two insertions with my female tonight - this was his second pairing with her. ;)

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Thanks Joe... That male was also full of machismo with one of my females... {D Unfortunately, the female's eggsac was ravaged my mites:(. I never noticed the mites until i came back from a 3 day vacation just this weekend. Grrr... :evil: bummer...:8o

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As son as she hardens up and shes well fed , thats the best time.
You dont want the female to surprise you with a molt.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks Joe... That male was also full of machismo with one of my females... {D Unfortunately, the female's eggsac was ravaged my mites:(. I never noticed the mites until i came back from a 3 day vacation just this weekend. Grrr... :evil: bummer...:8o
My girl's sac from last year got mites too - my approach with this one, should she drop, will be a bit different to attempt to avoid a repeat of last year.

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I give one week to harden , then I feed 3 small items in one week span , move the males cage side by side with the females cage then feed her a really big item wait two days and introduce him . This is me and how i do it , works for me . I have got four sacks within the year but screwed two sacks up myself and the other I was trying to help show a friend how to do it , his sack dried up ! I guess , I went to pull it and it was empty! Good luck with whatever your breeding!!!!!!!!!!