best tarantula shelf EVER!

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This thing is great, i am so glad i thefted it from work! It's the best thing i got from my work so far, besides a paycheck, and even that sucks!!! So i stole this awesome goldfish display from work and it is great. It's very sturdy and can really hold alot of weight on the shelves, here it is set up, but no tall my T's are on it yet, because i need to re-arrange my room now to make it fit all good... so yea. Here take a look!

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Eerm ... right :).
Actually I would actually prefer a metal/wood one instead of a cardboard thingy, but man, how that goldfish drawing rocks!! I want one too!

Dennis

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
haha, metal or wood would be alot stronger, but also heavier, this thing is easier to move around, but it is also really sturdy i was suprised my 25 pound fat ass cat was laying on it, with out the thing even denting, so i can rely on this thing to not fall apart, or fall over, it's awesome, i think i'm taking some more of them home, maybe sell them on ebay or something, haha we also have HULK displays, but i really don't like hulk, but when the displays come down, im taking them too. just for fun! haha
-Mike

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by dennie
Eerm ... right :).
Actually I would actually prefer a metal/wood one instead of a cardboard thingy, but man, how that goldfish drawing rocks!! I want one too!

Dennis
Well, I suppose you could paint it to match your other furniture.

That's really a damn good idea. I need a tarantula shelf, too. Only I'm too cheap to buy one, and too lazy to build one.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
...and you can bite their little heads off....

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cool

An arachnofreak has got to do what an arachnofreak has got to do.

-Charlie

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Pretty cool-looking shelf. When you think about it, it's not that surprising that this type of shelf can hold up a bit of weight. It would have to be sturdy enough to hold up all those boxes of Goldfish crackers.

Tarantulas are one snack that's okay to get hooked on! One million Malaysians can't be wrong! :)

Bry

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
I don't know about that, Mike. Accidents happen - and cardboard is not my idea of a material that can ride through a stern bump. If it does, the impact will probably transfer 10-fold to the T cages. I would only use a couple of those levels to hold my supplies, but not my beloved T's. Just mho.

Dario

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
D-Man- It's stronger than you would think, it was stronger than i thought, i was surprised at how sturdy it was, if i didn't think it could handel T cages on it, i wouldn't even try it. But thanks for being concerned because i might have been a real dumb person!

Buspirone- Don't worry it won't be getting wet, but even if it does, this stuff seems like it has a coat of waxy protecting or some kind of glaze, i'm not sure... but it won't be getting wet anyway.

-Mike

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I just wouldn't use it in California! A good, sharp 6.5-on-the-Richter-scale might knock the whole thing down!:D

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by MizM
I just wouldn't use it in California! A good, sharp 6.5-on-the-Richter-scale might knock the whole thing down!:D
heh! I can't think of anything that would stand up (pun intended) to a 6.5 quake! :D
I have been thinking about bolting my shelf units to the wall studs to keep them from falling over if we have a mild earthquake.
Ed