Best T to start breeding with?

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
I want to start breeding my T's soon, as I need money and can't find a single dang job in my area that appeals to me. I plan on being a video game programmer and a tarantula/ gecko breeder on the side.
I am trying not to get anymore T''s until next summer unless they're for breeding, and I don't want to breed something like a B. albopilosum or LP, it needs to be something that people will want to by so I won't be stuck with hundreds of little babies, lol.

These are my current species, which ones would be best to breed at the moment?

B. albopilosum
B. vagans
C. cyaneopubescens
H. gigas
Hapalopus sp pumpkin patch large
P. murinus RCF
A. metallica
C. fimbriatus
L. parahybana
P. reduncus
N. incei
P. cancerides

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
It´s next to impossible to make any real money from breeding tarantulas, unless you do it on a much larger scale. If making money is your sole motivation here, I would suggest trying something else. If it´s any comfort, it´s next to impossible to find a proper job anywhere in Europe as well at the moment, so you are not alone with your frustrations.

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
It´s next to impossible to make any real money from breeding tarantulas, unless you do it on a much larger scale. If making money is your sole motivation here, I would suggest trying something else. If it´s any comfort, it´s next to impossible to find a proper job anywhere in Europe as well at the moment, so you are not alone with your frustrations.
I should have worded my thread much better, sorry haha (its these stupid pills I had to take last night, still making me super dizzy and tired)

I want to breed mostly for the fun of it, I can how it would make a very inconsistent job lol. I reeeally want to have the experience of setting up an incubator and shipping T's. And also sort of off topic but I want to get P. murinus dark and tan color form, I heard from one of Jon3800's friends that it's better to breed same form with same form, to keep the babies consistent, but if there is a possbility that two RCF will produce a dark or tan sling, I'm all for it, although I have no clue on how the different forms work, I've been looking around for hours and can't find anything on how the breeding works.

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
I'd also like to really only breed some of the more rare and pricey species, like Pamphobeteus and Xenesthis (If I could ever get my hands on a pair) But I would rather not mess that up for myself.
Basically what I'm asking is what species is best to get breeding practice with

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I'd also like to really only breed some of the more rare and pricey species, like Pamphobeteus and Xenesthis (If I could ever get my hands on a pair) But I would rather not mess that up for myself.
something desirable and not too tough, i vote for the A metallica and the C fimbriatus if you can handle it.

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
GBBs are a decently popular species. I don't know how easy they are to breed, but I assume they arent too hard since there are so many in the hobby, and I am sure they'd be easy to sell.

If you breed them you have to give me some. Muhaha ;) Ehhh? No? Okay. :( :p

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Problem is that many of the more pricey species are pricey because they're difficult to breed.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
I should have worded my thread much better, sorry haha (its these stupid pills I had to take last night, still making me super dizzy and tired)

I want to breed mostly for the fun of it, I can how it would make a very inconsistent job lol. I reeeally want to have the experience of setting up an incubator and shipping T's. And also sort of off topic but I want to get P. murinus dark and tan color form, I heard from one of Jon3800's friends that it's better to breed same form with same form, to keep the babies consistent, but if there is a possbility that two RCF will produce a dark or tan sling, I'm all for it, although I have no clue on how the different forms work, I've been looking around for hours and can't find anything on how the breeding works.
Haha, ok, that´s good to know. If the money was your sole interest here, you would probably have made some quicker bucks just by selling those pills, I suppose :eek:

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
Haha, ok, that´s good to know. If the money was your sole interest here, you would probably have made some quicker bucks just by selling those pills, I suppose :eek:
Yes, they're horrible, but useful for anyone who wants to be knocked out for a solid 24 hours. Fighting to stay awake right now

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
From what I've read N. incei breed like rabbits. Once the female is paired she immediately closes herself off and a month later you've got a sac. I have a communal of 4 so they should be my first breeding project.

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
From what I've read N. incei breed like rabbits. Once the female is paired she immediately closes herself off and a month later you've got a sac. I have a communal of 4 so they should be my first breeding project.
Oh really? That sounds awesome, maybe I'll go with that. I just worry that I'll have nowhere for the slings to go, there's only one trustworthy exotic store in my area, and I don't think the owner accepts random people's spiders lol

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
Oh really? That sounds awesome, maybe I'll go with that. I just worry that I'll have nowhere for the slings to go, there's only one trustworthy exotic store in my area, and I don't think the owner accepts random people's spiders lol
Well you have to be prepared to feed a hundred slings to begin with. Selling them off will be slow.

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
I think a plus to breeding the incei would be being able to keep them communally. You wouldn't have to worry about buying tons of vials and it would be a lot less work to feed them.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
These are my current species, which ones would be best to breed at the moment?
Cool... which are males and which are females? I've got males and females of several of those species - setting up a loan may be your best bet for a quick, cheap turnover.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
My first breeding attempt was with my Poecilotheria miranda. Paired her up and she molted 4 months later. A month after her molt I left her in with the male overnight. I saw that she had paired and decided to leave the male to live with her. They lasted 2 months and 6 months after the pairing she dropped a sac. I'm sitting on around 80 EWLs at the moment ^^ There is no best T to start breeding. Breed what you have a passion for, that way your success will inevitably follow.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
I have zero clue about spider breeding. I would have paid $200 for a guaranteed Goliath female though. That was the one tarantula I wanted above all others. I'm sure they are hard as crap to breed, but would be easy sellers I would think.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
B smithi's sell for a good price too. No clue how hard they are to breed though

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
Cool... which are males and which are females? I've got males and females of several of those species - setting up a loan may be your best bet for a quick, cheap turnover.
Most are female, but only my bigger B. albo and OBT are close to be able to breed. I was planning on buying a few slings and hoping for males, so I don't end up with an MM waiting for the female to mature, and since my more valuable specimens are small. I was planning on breeding my P. reduncus first, which I am thinking is a female.