Best T info

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm heading to Chapters later today.What's the "bible" on T raising in captivity or related reading?....peace...

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
"The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" by Stan & Marguerite Schultz is commonly known as the bible on raising and taking care of tarantulas.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by alidpayne
"The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" by Stan & Marguerite Schultz is commonly known as the bible on raising and taking care of tarantulas.
I second this selection. I own the book myself and I've found it very informative.

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The TKG is hands down the most in depth book available and will cover all aspects of the hobby in great detail. Its a must have if you plan to keep more than a couple Tarantulas but I would recommend "Tarantulas and Other Arachnids" by Sam Marshall to be your first book. It contains all the information you will need or want as a general introduction to the care of tarantulas in a much shorter read and IMHO a better structured format for the beginner. It also contains some good brief descriptions of common pet tarantula species and has some beautiful color photographs. The book makes a great primer for The TKG and gives you a quicker understanding of what you NEED to know as a newbie and is cheaper and generally more available at book and pet stores.

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ordered

Thanks for the quick responses.Just got back from Chapters....ordered them both....peace...