Best stands to put T enclosures on.

SoulSpiegel12

Arachnosquire
Been thinking about this lately. What are some of the best things to put T enclosures on? I'm currently using a folding table and it's held up well for the last 2 years but I really want to try to find something sturdier. For the time being is it ok to use the folding table?

Attachments

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
well that depends on how many Ts you have.. I have them all over my room haha.. For many Ts I think a solid wood closet would look best and could hold a lot of weight.. For one or two enclosures it's pretty much up to the individual taste.. Just make sure it can withstand the weight and you're good.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I like these restaurant style shelving, lots of good airflow around multiple enclosures, comes in many sizes, and are relatively cheap. Mine are chromed, 18" X 48" X 72" each shelf holds 800 lbs and cost me $59 on sale at Home Depot.

IMAG0898.jpg

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I have mine all over the place on shelves, dressers, etc.

Some day I will set up a proper permanent spot with shelving units or something.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Been thinking about this lately. What are some of the best things to put T enclosures on? I'm currently using a folding table and it's held up well for the last 2 years but I really want to try to find something sturdier. For the time being is it ok to use the folding table?
I think a Lizard Lounge on a folding table is a disaster waiting to happen. I've owned those tanks before, good luck! BTW, you have provided too little distance between the sub and the lid of the tank. Your T can fall and die in that setup. Distance should be 1.5x DLS, esp with that size T.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I like these restaurant style shelving, lots of good airflow around multiple enclosures, comes in many sizes, and are relatively cheap. Mine are chromed, 18" X 48" X 72" each shelf holds 800 lbs and cost me $59 on sale at Home Depot.

View attachment 229269
I know I asked you before, aren't those green/clear lidded containers mouse containers you obtained for free?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I also noticed the substrate distance @viper69 but forgot to comment after my comment.

Good catch.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I know I asked you before, aren't those green/clear lidded containers mouse containers you obtained for free?
Not free but way less than new retail from CL, I have both the large w/green tops (rats) and small that are closer to shoe box size (mice) They are on top of the green ones 3rd shelf up. I got them for $1.00 small and $3.00 large.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
IMG_2493.JPG IMG_2494.JPG
@MrsHaas has a really sturdy set of shelves for her T room.
Yes got them online at Walmart. Used earthquake tape to help but it didn't really need it. Not the most pretty shelve but does its job wonderfully and u can attack lights under the shelves to Get good light to see/take pics/show off your collectiom

mistertim

Arachnobaron
That table looks way too rickety and has way too high a center of gravity for that enclosure, IMO; way too easy to tip over. I'd go with either something the same size but lower to the ground, or something the same height but wider/longer with a wider and more stable base.

SDahmer

Arachnopeon
If you only have one t you could put it on a shelf if it's not too heavy. I used to mount L shelf brakets on the wall (make sure to mount on studs) with a cheap shelf/board for some of my light 10 gal reptile terrariums. A friend of mine actually has a 40 gal terrarium "hung" that way. The most important thing is that it works for YOU. Don't put it somewhere you can't reach easily, etc. If you know you're clumsy or might otherwise knock it over (ball, dog, etc) I'd ditch that table. Dressers have worked great for my tanks over the years, as have book shelves, old tv stands and even my night stands. It doesn't have to be a designer aquarium stand.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
If I had a big AF Theraphosa blondi I would keep it on its own table in a good display spot... I'd make sure to vacuum the floor and clean up regularly to get rid of the urticating hairs to make it safe for my guests though.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
What do you keep the 0.1 Goddess on
Doesn't exist anymore. My furnitures were made by Lombardy wood artisans masters on request. Later I've used those for T's, among other stuff. Almost everything was personalized and custom made in my house.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Doesn't exist anymore. My furnitures were made by Lombardy wood artisans masters on request. Later I've used those for T's, among other stuff. Almost everything was personalized and custom made in my house.
But is it a table or just the shelf with all the other tarantulas

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
But is it a table or just the shelf with all the other tarantulas
I don't have a shelf or something similar with all my T's displayed on it. At the moment I have less than 20 Theraphosidae (98% females, aside for a couple of slings) and one female S.subspinipes. I keep those in my room, they aren't "near", let's say.

For instance, my 'OBT' is in a shelf near (but not too close, uh) where I keep my PS4/Xbox One, the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) on a (pretty big, rectangular handmade) furniture just on the left of my PC, the others on another parts of my room... and so on :-s

* S.subspinipes, well she's on a mobile near my Shuar shrunken heads collection.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I don't have a shelf or something similar with all my T's displayed on it. At the moment I have less than 20 Theraphosidae (98% females, aside for a couple of slings) and one female S.subspinipes. I keep those in my room, they aren't "near", let's say.

For instance, my 'OBT' is in a shelf near (but not too close, uh) where I keep my PS4/Xbox One, the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) on a (pretty big, rectangular handmade) furniture just on the left of my PC, the others on another parts of my room... and so on :-s

* S.subspinipes, well she's on a mobile near my Shuar shrunken heads collection.
I think a P. muticus is on my list for the future. I didn't want to get one at first but now I actually really want one.