Best place for T's in the UK?

thwarts

Arachnopeon
Where's the best place to get T's in the UK. In York there's only a limited supply.

gaztopgun

Arachnopeon
Hi, I live in York and there are a few places local:-

www.leaping-lizards.com - Nice shop a few T's and good supplier of Crix.
Acomb Pets

On the BTS (British T Society) website Virginia Cheeseman is highly regarded - www.virginiacheeseman.co.uk

Final suggestion if you can wait until April check out the following exhibition at the York Racecourse - http://www.amentsoc.org/northexhibition.htm
It is a great exhibition and well worth going with a lot of dealers & breeders. I bought my Mexican Red Knee Juvenile there last year.

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just out of curiosity does anyone know anywhere in the Lancashire area that is good for all things T??
I got my first at Christmas (G Rosea) and Im already planning my next one.

Cheers

Mike

thwarts

Arachnopeon
Cheers for the links. I got a juvie b.emilia from acomb pets a few weeks ago and it seems to be doin fine, altough they don't seem to know much about what they are selling and I haven't checked out leaping lizards for a while. I'll probably go check out that exhibition seen as though its 5 mins away. Cheers for the info!!!:D

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cheers for the links. I got a juvie b.emilia from acomb pets a few weeks ago and it seems to be doin fine, altough they don't seem to know much about what they are selling and I haven't checked out leaping lizards for a while. I'll probably go check out that exhibition seen as though its 5 mins away. Cheers for the info!!!:D
np! hope you find what you're looking for. :D

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This may seem like a stupid question!! ;) But can you buy T's to be delivered by post?? I would assume going by rotal fail cant be good.

Mike

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This may seem like a stupid question!! ;) But can you buy T's to be delivered by post?? I would assume going by rotal fail cant be good.

Mike
All those sites deliver by post, the type im sure will depend or not whether they back it with live arrival guarantee. The Tarantula-Shop charged £6.50 for post and has great prices, I wish i was in UK, you guys got it way cheaper!

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for that.
it was The Tarantula-shop i was looking at as they have some B. smithis (4-5cm) on sale for £9.

davros

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I normally have a selection of captive bred slings for sale - mainly arboreals - usually Poecs,

Best wishes Mal.

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im probably going to order a B. smithi from tarantula-shop.co.uk. I emailed the british aquatic superstore about buying one and was quoted £65 for a 3cm B. smithi Now I know im new, but that seems very expensive.

johnjallorina

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey you just missed my juv female for sale at £35-40 that was atleast 3.5inches but i traded it so it was gone. hey thwarts i live in UK and in york same as you where r u based? r u in Acomb? maybe you can come and show me your spids and maybe we could have a swap i have few pretty nice t's that i dont like.

also gaztopgun you also lived in acomb? maybe we three could meet each other and show our t's. when i joined this hobby a year and half ago i thought i am the only one in acomb interested in t's.

thwarts

Arachnopeon
I'm in Poppleton Park but originally from Acomb!! I've only got the 1 T at the mo cos my adult male g.rosea just died after a problem molt:( I'm thinkin of getting a couple more but I think my housemate might not be too pleased. But hey you can't please everyone!!!! How many T's you got?? And what r they??? :D

johnjallorina

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
poppleton is so not far away from acomb lol a minute walk. i have not much here's the list:

AF burmese cobalt blue about to mate
AF King baboon mated
AF m.robostum possibly gravid or just fat
Large juv female b.albiceps
juv female b.baumgarteni
x2 singapore blue large sling(i might sell or trade these for adult females)
x1 avicularia versicolor sling fresh molt
x3 b.albopilosum sling
x1 large sling p.cambridgei
x.intermedia juv
and p.metalica juv.

thats it i think. 14 t's altogether.

gaztopgun

Arachnopeon
also gaztopgun you also lived in acomb? maybe we three could meet each other and show our t's. when i joined this hobby a year and half ago i thought i am the only one in acomb interested in t's.
I'm in Haxby so a few miles from you guys. I've been interested in T's for many years. After lots of persuasion my partner allowed me to get a smithi.
I am only allowed one T though but I'm very happy with my gorgeous girl (the smithi that is!!) {D

johnjallorina thats quite a collection you have there!! :worship:

gaztopgun

Arachnopeon
I will be there for sure. I bought my smithi from a breeder there last year and its a great exhibition.... :clap: