Best Photo of P. Cambredgei Ever (imo)

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here is my best photo of P.cambredgei. I daresay it's the best P.cambredgei photo I have ever seen.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
haha sweet man! I can't wait till mine gets colors like that.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
nice pic

i would get rid of the pinecone, myself, though. turpenes and sharp edges

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i see your point but i give my lady credit for not falling etc...
it's not just the falling he's talking about.

turpenes are chemicals that can be VERY harmful to inverts.

Nice picture though. :clap:

I don't think that the picture is to be complimented as much as the fact that you just have a beautiful spider! LOL

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
angle, lighting and surroundings don't depend on the spider as much as the photographer...

Anyway, the pinecones came with the reptile decorative pack... I guess they were sterilized? I removed them now just in case; if you guys think they suck, I will keep them away.

jmhendric

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice photo for sure what a stunning T I have one of those on my list as well as P.irmina:D

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
angle, lighting and surroundings don't depend on the spider as much as the photographer...

Anyway, the pinecones came with the reptile decorative pack... I guess they were sterilized? I removed them now just in case; if you guys think they suck, I will keep them away.

yeah, just take out any pine products. your inverts will thank you.

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, I really had no idea they could be harmful; thanks for letting me know!

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, I really had no idea they could be harmful; thanks for letting me know!
no problem.

honestly, i think its a bit overexaggerated. ive used reptile bedding that had a little bit of fir products in it.......and my inverts have never had problems.

the only problem, of course, was mold.

but, its better to be safe than sorry i suppose.....especially with such a beautiful specimen :)

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
re: pinecone
it's definitely a better safe that sorry thing. i am always afraid the damage done by poisons will be LONG time in manifesting... or hurt reproduction or something initially non-obvious. that being said, i believe Darrin Vernier did an experiment keeping mealworms on pine (er, or cedar...hmm, can't remember) substrate and it was full on mutagenic... made some interesting shaped, and totally nonviable, mealworms until the pine was covered by a few inches of bran or something... as the pine was getting covered the mutations subsided.

also, re: sharpness... it's not so much falling as it is startling the spider and having it teleport into trouble. the first time i bought spiders off someone locally i got their containers too. the jerk (got 4/4 males that i bought as "unsexed") had left a spiral of plastic from one of the vent holes he cut... when i got the spider home and opened the container to drop a cricket in the damn spider panicked and starting running all over... managed to slice itself on the plastic spur. now i am insanely careful with stuff like that.... but seeing the spider leaking was a pretty freakin poignant like, argument in favor of oversafety in that regard. heh.

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am gonna buy some Randy May prints of H.maculata and P.metallica but the photo of p.cambredgei there didn't impress me in the slightest - the spider itself seems to have relatively dull coloring and the background is too uniform, imo; the position of the spider is neat but mine isn't worse.

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I like GoTerps pic of the P.cam. Your's is bit too bright and could use alittle cropping, IMO. Though, still a good pic but not the best. ;)

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
those are both nice pics of a great looking species..my personal favorite happens to be randy mays version: http://botarby8s.com/images/spiders/pcambridgei2.jpg

i've been thinking about ordering a print of that. :D
I agree, great photography right there.

to Speedreader: Nice pic but ive seems a tad arrogant to claim yours as "the best ever" imo. Ive seen much better. Id say your background is a bit busy(takes attention off the tarantula), focus on the tarantula is not the clearest, needs better contrast, needs to be croped so its not so big(make it so the whole picture can be seen when people look at their computer screens) Not saying mine are any better but i thought i would comment on it since you think so highly of it{D . Still a nice picture though.

Last edited: