Best freebie you ever received?

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just woundering what everyone thinks is the best freebie they ever received from a purchase?

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i'd have to say my Brachypelma albopilosum from Next Year Reptiles. It eats like a champ and, as my very first sling, it's been interesting to watch it grow from a tiny little guy.

Loaf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
An A avic, my sister in law traded a cheeseburger for it and gave it to me :)
Also i went to a local petstore and they had a G. Rosea that someone found walking on the highway in OREGON!!!! They asked me if i wanted a rescue case and i said HECK YEAH.

Loaf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
oops i read the question wrong,
:wall: :wall:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well, i think this isn't exactly what you meant... but i bought a spider from someone and then like a year later they had to leave the hobby and made a free-for-shipping offer on a number of adult and juv spiders... only open to previous customers, like

TarantulaLV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I negotiated a .5 inch Psalmopeous Pulcher when purchasing a couple others. I think I bought a Versicolor and a two P. Regalis slings. This was the best one I ever recieved. They are such beauties. Very Pleased. :D

TarantulaLV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well, i think this isn't exactly what you meant... but i bought a spider from someone and then like a year later they had to leave the hobby and made a free-for-shipping offer on a number of adult and juv spiders... only open to previous customers, like
oooooo That is good!! :drool:

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ive got you all beat.. I spent a couple hundred on some Xenethis immanis slings and "my guy" threw in a

Avicularia sp. Amazonica

which later grew to be a sexed female that sold for over $400. Now that is what I call on hell of a freebie!

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ive got you all beat.. I spent a couple hundred on some Xenethis immanis slings and "my guy" threw in a

Avicularia sp. Amazonica

which later grew to be a sexed female that sold for over $400. Now that is what I call on hell of a freebie!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: lucky.

TarantulaLV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree that is impressive BUT it is relative to the initial investment. :p Allright I admit there might be a little sour grapes going on at this point. :eek:

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol.. do you guys feel that the more you spend the better the freebie?
someone just spent $200 with me and all I gave them was a free P. ornata sling..

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Also i went to a local petstore and they had a G. Rosea that someone found walking on the highway in OREGON!!!! They asked me if i wanted a rescue case and i said HECK YEAH.
Do you still have this T because Grammostola rosea isn't native to the U.S. It must have been someone pet if it in fact is a G.rosea.

Now to get back on topic, my best freebie was a C. sp. "blue" that I recieved from Brandon(reptist).

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well i got a T blondi 3.5" female for a freebie when i bought a P. cancerides 1" sling for 75 bucks lol or was that the other way around lol

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The best freebies I got was 2 Pamphobeteus nigricolor. Both turned out to be female and where bred many times before I sold them.

BTW: Freebies IMO are a way that some dealers show their customer appreciation. Quality to me matters more than quantity and retail value.

Loaf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Do you still have this T because Grammostola rosea isn't native to the U.S. It must have been someone pet if it in fact is a G.rosea.

Now to get back on topic, my best freebie was a C. sp. "blue" that I recieved from Brandon(reptist).
I do still have this T, and its one of my fav! Ok i love them all, but it's an agressive little bugger.

TarantulaLV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol.. do you guys feel that the more you spend the better the freebie?
someone just spent $200 with me and all I gave them was a free P. ornata sling..
I think it depends on the dealer, some dealers provide more valuable freebees depending on the bottom line $$$$. :)