Best feeders

cold blood

Staff member
One thing that is worth noting, everything I've ever read about Dubias outside of stress, they are of no danger to a molting T. I'm not advocating one way or the other as far as leaving food at all times, but if you do leave a dubia or simply forget to remove it, you wouldn't have the worry as in the case of a cricket.
While rare, a dubia is capable of killing and eating a molting t, especially one hiding in an enclosure devoid of food.

Napier19

Arachnopeon
Great Input guys! Glad you clarified!! As I've said before a lot of misleading info out there! Of course of they are molting why would you leave it on the of chance the T would attempt to eat and hurt themselves?!?!

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Great Input guys! Glad you clarified!! As I've said before a lot of misleading info out there! Of course of they are molting why would you leave it on the of chance the T would attempt to eat and hurt themselves?!?!
indeed there is a lot of misleading info out there. As to why someone would leave it in there with a molting spider, I refer you to part of one of your previous comments....

One thing that is worth noting, everything I've ever read about Dubias outside of stress, they are of no danger to a molting T. I'm not advocating one way or the other as far as leaving food at all times, but if you do leave a dubia or simply forget to remove it, you wouldn't have the worry as in the case of a cricket.

(color, bolding and underline added to original quoted text) With dubias, if you leave it in the cage, with head intact, and then you do forget about it, or simply don't know the T didn't eat it, you will most likely never even know until it is too late and your T has become Dubia chow.

Napier19

Arachnopeon
indeed there is a lot of misleading info out there. As to why someone would leave it in there with a molting spider, I refer you to part of one of your previous comments....
But if you look closely I didn't say they will not affect your Ts. I said I've read a lot of info that states that. I've never read anything abiut a dubia eating a T BUT that doesn't mean a hill of beans. Thank you though for clearing the air for future readers as to the main point. My English is poor and I struggle at getting my message across appropriately.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I just bought some flightless fruit flies to try for my really small T's today. How in the heck do you open the jar without a couple dozen exiting? I opened the lid and about half the flies tried to head toward the opening.:banghead:

Are they a risk to a T that is molting? I can't tell what my 1/4" Euathlus Sp. Red are doing anymore but thought it might be good to see if something different might get them to eat more.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I just bought some flightless fruit flies to try for my really small T's today. How in the heck do you open the jar without a couple dozen exiting? I opened the lid and about half the flies tried to head toward the opening.:banghead:
put them in the fridge for a few minutes.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I swear by super worms.
1) Fatty
2) Good protien
3) Cut em in 1/2 for slings to scavange
4) Crush heads if you worry about em burrowing.
5) no maintenance
6) live a long time
7) cheap

Cant go wrong IMO, i really have yet to see a downside to them
what about feeding large OW arboreals? particularly Poecilotheria.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
My pokie lives em, same with all my arboreals
how do you feed them to the pokies? my regalis and striata are always on the side of the tank, im nervous that they will break a fang if tong fed. the worms just burrow if i drop them on the ground or if the pokies miss when i drop it on them.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
image.jpeg Just like that, thats my P. met female at the mouth of her hide.
how do you feed them to the pokies? my regalis and striata are always on the side of the tank, im nervous that they will break a fang if tong fed. the worms just burrow if i drop them on the ground or if the pokies miss when i drop it on them.
Mine all live inside the custome hides i make/sell so i simply pop the head (in case they arent hungry to prevent burrowing) and drop em rite in the webbed part of the hide

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
View attachment 219683 Just like that, thats my P. met female at the mouth of her hide.
Mine all live inside the custome hides i make/sell so i simply pop the head (in case they arent hungry to prevent burrowing) and drop em rite in the webbed part of the hide
lucky, i cant feed mine like that.

LBC

Arachnopeon
Go for dubia.
They're not loud, they don't smell, they don't keep dying.
Or mealworms, but those dig down if you don't crush their head.
Thank you. Crickets stink and bite if I'm not mistaken.