Best Expo in Colorado?

Metal Webber

Arachnopeon
I’m looking at going to a reptile and bug expo either repti-con or Reptilian Nation Expo (both happening in my state within the month) I was wondering which one is bigger/better

Isaax Critterz

Arachnoknight
The many reptile expos in denver should do the trick. You can find them using maps.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Its comparing apples to apples.I am planning on going to Reptilian Nation on 22-23 this month.Repticon always seems to find the site for the expo as far away from me as possible.Sorry,not driving 20 miles only to see LP and OBT slings.Rumor has it that a local guy had a successful P.ornata sac,and may have slings there.
Im assuming you are going to look for T,s?.The Reptilian Nation expo is centrally located next weekend,April 22-23.But they are both hit or miss,just depends on who is there,and what they bring.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Actually ended up worth the trip.Very nice expo( Reptilian Nation).Got a cheap hornworm culture less than half the price at my local feeder store.

I was not impressed with the T offerings,but on my way out,looked into a case of slings in vials,and WOW!,got a P. subfusca lowland juvie.

Made it worth the trip,for sure.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
How was the attendance? As far as T offerings, were there not a lot of T Dealers?

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
How was the attendance? As far as T offerings, were there not a lot of T Dealers?
Four or five T dealers there.It was obviously more centered around herps,but thats not unusual.I went looking for specific T,s.But,i had never seen so many P.metallica/striata slings Several had good sized Theraphosa blondi and apophysis,but i was not intrested in those.

Several Grammastola pulchra,and a nice female that was 4-5in DLS,but real pricy. That and you had to take being female on their word.

Most T sellers were from out of state,Utah/Idaho.And i think one from California i think.Good deals on feeders and enclosures.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Four or five T dealers there.It was obviously more centered around herps,but thats not unusual.I went looking for specific T,s.But,i had never seen so many P.metallica/striata slings Several had good sized Theraphosa blondi and apophysis,but i was not intrested in those.
Several Grammastola pulchra,and a nice female that was 4-5in DLS,but real pricy. That and you had to take being female on their word.
Most T sellers were from out of state,Utah/Idaho.And i think one from California i think.Good deals on feeders and enclosures.
confirmed females are going for big bank these days. A dealer tried to buy my daughter's for his breeding project. Offered her $600 so yes quite pricey. Slings are going for $80-90
Any confirmed females the company I work for sells is done via a molt, so the majority of what we sell is unsexed.

I had a customer wanting A. mooreae and we had slings $$. He said "I want something bigger" I said, I don't but I know someone who does $$$. He said "I want a confirmed young adult female" and I said I know where to get them but you better bring around $1500.
I could hear the pucker over the telephone

Metal Webber

Arachnopeon
Actually ended up worth the trip.Very nice expo( Reptilian Nation).Got a cheap hornworm culture less than half the price at my local feeder store.

I was not impressed with the T offerings,but on my way out,looked into a case of slings in vials,and WOW!,got a P. subfusca lowland juvie.

Made it worth the trip,for sure.
I went to that expo looking for a GBB ended up with a feathered leg baboon (I don’t remember the sientific name) and an avicularia avicularia for $45.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Stromatopelma calceatum is the Feather Leg.Ya,saw a bunch of those,along with Heterscodra maculatas up for sale.Obviously someone had a bunch of sacs of these two species.

But,thats a big leap going from a GBB,to a Feather-Leg.Good luck with both of your T,s.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Stromatopelma calceatum is the Feather Leg.Ya,saw a bunch of those,along with Heterscodra maculatas up for sale.Obviously someone had a bunch of sacs of these two species.

But,thats a big leap going from a GBB,to a Feather-Leg.Good luck with both of your T,s.
good ole stromatoxin

juniperkisses440

Arachnopeon
I went to both this year and may pop into the one in June to see if there are any on my list.

I was happy with Repticon because of the isopod haul I brought home. The prices were ok and it was ok sized especially for a Loveland event. There were three or four people with ts. Reptilian Nation was a lot larger and had more t sellers, most from out of state. I brought home a few oddballs including an expecting huntsman, a solifuge, and an Arizona wolf spider. There were more sellers and a larger variety in both price and in availability. Towards the end of the expo I snagged a few great deals on slings (I can't seem to say no to T. albopilosus and have a small collection of them).
I was told one on my list would be available at the next Repticon and may be there. I liked them for different reasons. Loveland's had more local sellers and Reptilian Nation had more variability and "bigger" sellers.

Last edited:

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
@ the Anaheim CA reptile Supershow there are dealers from across the country. It's a behemoth