Best Dry Centipede?

Scorpio420

Arachnosquire
I'm thinking of getting a centipede, but I need one that comes from a dry climate, as I often travel and can't keep up with humidity. What is the best species that you would recommend that can survive without care for a week or so? Preferably not too venomous. Thanks!

ThemantismanofPA

Arachnoknight
I enjoy polymorpha. Very mild bite, and all they need really is a hide, and deep substrate. Make sure the lower levels of sub are damp, but the tank does not have to be humid.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Polymorphas are hardy pedes and they come in a whole myriad of colors. Could also try ethmostigmus spp from Africa also very hardy and good variety of colors. If you have a desire for a larger specimen and your budget is permitting you could opt for something like S.heros arizonensis. Regardless of species you do end up acquiring be sure to set yourself up for success with a proper escape proof enclosure.

Scorpio420

Arachnosquire
I enjoy polymorpha. Very mild bite, and all they need really is a hide, and deep substrate. Make sure the lower levels of sub are damp, but the tank does not have to be humid.
How do I care for one? I am completely new to this kind of pet. I only own a chameleon, fish, and a scorp.
Is it just so simple you just need a random enclosure with a lot of sand in it??

ThemantismanofPA

Arachnoknight
How do I care for one? I am completely new to this kind of pet. I only own a chameleon, fish, and a scorp.
Is it just so simple you just need a random enclosure with a lot of sand in it??
i keep mine with a mix of cocoa fibre and sand. keep it deep, and the bottom layers moist for digging. feed a few times per month. warned, pedes are escape artists.