Best desert Scorpion

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
If you don't want to get a giant desert hairy, try the three stripe tailed scorpion/ devil scorpion (Paravaejovis spinigerus also called hoffmannius spinigerus

Scorpio420

Arachnosquire
If you don't want to get a giant desert hairy, try the three stripe tailed scorpion/ devil scorpion (Paravaejovis spinigerus also called hoffmannius spinigerus
As for the stripe tailed, all of the websites I looked at were sold out. If you can find one with them in stock, I would gladly order right now!

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
Maybe you could check out the classifieds on here? Perhaps one of the scorpion breeders on here might have something...

FrankiePinchinatti

Arachnoknight
Have you tried going to any reptile shows in your area? There are somewhere around 8 of them per year near me and you can always pick up scorpions there. You live really close to the native range for many desert species so I'm sure you can find them dirt cheap, plus you don't have to pay for shipping.

Nikki666

Arachnopeon
Hey!

I am looking for a pet scorpion. I need it to be of a desert variety though. The venom can't be deadly or too strong, and it needs to be cheap. I was thinking a giant desert hairy scorpion, but they need to burrow and i don;t want a burrowing species. What should I get?

Thanks!
In my opinion you should try Arizona bark, or centruroides sculpturatus. We have 25 all in one enclosure, and we have 4 giant hairy as well. Although the bark are one of the most venemous, they are also very docile, and super friendly. Ours walk Screenshot_20200320-215107_Photos.jpg right up to us and reach for us. A friend of ours even held one of ours. They do not burrow, they love to climb and they sleep upside down a lot. They are really neat, but these you'd have to catch because im pretty sure no one is gonna sell them. This is a picture of one of ours, his name is Armani, he spends a lot of time on the water dish cleaning himself as he is doing in this picture.

Scorpio420

Arachnosquire
In my opinion you should try Arizona bark, or centruroides sculpturatus. We have 25 all in one enclosure, and we have 4 giant hairy as well. Although the bark are one of the most venemous, they are also very docile, and super friendly. Ours walk View attachment 337698 right up to us and reach for us. A friend of ours even held one of ours. They do not burrow, they love to climb and they sleep upside down a lot. They are really neat, but these you'd have to catch because im pretty sure no one is gonna sell them. This is a picture of one of ours, his name is Armani, he spends a lot of time on the water dish cleaning himself as he is doing in this picture.
They are sold on ebay by some people from the sonoran desert.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arizona-Ba...603074?hash=item2d05e7c2c2:g:SBIAAOSwWp9ecQdz

I'll consider the bark scorp. Thanks!

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Oh really? That's cool... when the season starts we will be back out on the hunt, there are so, so many that its almost like you cant walk without stepping on one. We will post videos for sure.
There's a season for finding them ? That's pretty cool ! Wish I lived there...