Best container to contain babies before separation?

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Right now I have my 3 gravid female V. spinigerus housed in a 2.5gal. Two are farther along & starting to look like they will pop any day, one looks like a bag of rice from all angles :D

Anyways, i've gone back & forth on separating or just leaving them alone & have decided I would like to separate the two largest ones. I'll leave the third one in their original home until she's farther along.

I've read that scorplings can climb pretty well. What have ya'll found to be the best containers for your females to be in from birth to separation? And what is the likely hood that once they separate, i'll come home to find babies crawling from top to bottom? I was thinking of just getting some inexpensive plastic containers since I don't have a male & don't see scorplings as being a terribly regular common thing in my house (well, at least until I decide to branch out to another species.) I just know my females will time everything just so i'll have to wait a day or two before I can chase them into their own deli cups :D

I'm so ready for one to pop, just not ready for 3 possibly gigantic litters :D

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would use deli cups for all 3. Poke holes in them with a safety pin or seam ripper, or you can drill bigger holes and hot glue window screen over them.

I would put the moms on coco or a sand coco mix, with a pre-dug hole under a rock or cork bark.

Also, you can leave a water dish until they pop. You can also lightly mist their cups at night before you go to bed a couple times a week right now.

I may come back to add some things later, but regardless, Have Fun! :)

SandKing

Arachnosquire
a deli cup would do the best job for it and saves alot of money.lol. just try to poke holes in it so it'll have good ventilation and some cocofiber and its done

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks! I do have some larger deli cups laying around, and I am using a sand/fiber mixture for them.

I think one is getting pretty close. Pretty sure i've caught her "silting" in the last couple of days.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks! I do have some larger deli cups laying around, and I am using a sand/fiber mixture for them.