Best camera bag for Canon EOS 70D?

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Any recommendations for an affordable, reliable camera bag for the Canon EOS 70D?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I've had this bag since 2010. It's been to 3 continents and all over the south east with me. It's held up really well and should be with me for a lot longer. It's not expensive and has protected all my gear really well. If you're interested I can do some photos of it when I get home.

Last edited:

Belegnole

Tarantula Guy
Old Timer
I don't have a particular one to share, but I agree with backpacks for ease of use. They work well until you get a metric buttload of gear.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
The Lowepro camera backpacks are super well made and last seemingly forever. I bought my last one on EBay. Came from a shop in Shanghai. I saved a few bucks.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I ment to post this eariler. Here is a quick shot of the inside of the Canon bag. All the dividers are heavy velcro and can be moves/sized to fit your gear needs. There are tons of pockets for all the little things. Pouches on the side and has a decent waist strap.

Last edited:

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I ment to post this eariler. Here is a quick shot of the inside of the Canon bag. All the dividers are heavy velcro and can be moves/sized to fit your gear needs. There are tons of pockets for all the little things. Pouches on the side and has a decent waist strap.

I'm having trouble visualizing @advan unslinging that from his back, rummaging through it, and grabbing those raptor shots.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I'm having trouble visualizing @advan unslinging that from his back, rummaging through it, and grabbing those raptor shots.
Most likely he shot those at a decent distance and spotted them well in advance. It's easy enough to then prep for a shot and take them as you approach the bird.

I'd likely have the camera setup with the lens like so.

Then you just need to unzip the top a bit and pull the camera out.

That's the great thing about this bag. You can set it up however you need for the current task. I doubt I'd carry all these lenses around the wilderness when I'm likely just to need one or maybe two of them. Day time and bird shots? Leave the flash at home as it's going to be useless. Pack you bag for what you're shooting. Don't lug gear you don't need.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
That's a nice set up!

Recalling a friend on an expedition of the Salween Valley. Took over a year just to get the government permissions. Less than a week into the trip his #1 camera and telephoto went into the river. It spent the following 2 months getting lugged about in plastic bags filled with water.