Best budget friendly camera for Ts?

basin79

ArachnoGod
D5500 is very good? Do you know it can take video of good quality too? Sorry for dumb question. I'm really need better camera but 500 euro is about one month salary for me, so if i will buy camera need to make sure its worth :D camera we must import, so very expensive for us
I'm unsure on the video quality sorry. It is/was a very popular model though so I'm sure there will be loads of youtube videos covering it.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
The Nikon D5xxx can take higher quality videos than the average home computer can rip. As in up to 2 GB per minute RAW. They are also mind blowing in the battery department. Seems to run on moon juice. 3 or 4 months between charges seems normal.
"Up to ISO 25,600, and an expanded ISO sensitivity of 6,400 in Night Landscape mode". This is, up to 1,920x1,080 / 60 fps.

Last edited:

ignithium

Arachnoknight
The Nikon D5xxx can take higher quality videos than the average home computer can rip. As in up to 2 GB per minute RAW. They are also mind blowing in the battery department. Seems to run on moon juice. 3 or 4 months between charges seems normal.
ok thank you for the info. it seems like its probably a good investment

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
ok thank you for the info. it seems like its probably a good investment
We went for 3 mediocre cameras before biting the bullet, saving up for a year, and going for the Nikon. Down side is those barstards are COMPLICATED when you start foofing around with manual settings modes. It also helps to have 3 or 4 thumbs and the fine motor skills of a brain surgeon when doing manual stuff while peering through the view finder. And the OEM operators manual SUCKS ROTTEN EGGS!
The other day my genius wifey went and programmed the critter into a manual mode that was great for taking shots of the pores of the residents on Arcturus. After fighting with it for two hours in desperation I had it reset itself to factory default.

Last edited: