Best Brachypelma for Display?

sweetmisery

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know almost all got same "caresheet", thus I just wanna know which is best for display? Cuz Im buying one and plan to put its aquarium in the living room. Based on those who got such, which got the most "wows" from visitors?

I wanna know which among them retains its color most of the time and doesnt fade much(if at all)... and I see some got different color tones, so I wanna know which got constant color for its kind.

I got this list from a seller here...

Brachypelma albiceps (ruhnaui)
Brachypelma angustum
Brachypelma annitha
Brachypelma auratum
Brachypelma smithi
Brachypelma emilia
Brachypelma klaasi

THANKS!

Oh and I plan to get a klaasi cuz I like pink(so does my girl), but are all klaasi get same shade of pink?

stubby8th

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Those are all great T's - klassi is one of my personal favorites - but for display it's really tough to beat a mature B. smithi. Price, availibility and that great classic 'chunky-ness' they develop as they mature; if you don't have one, I'd go in that direction.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My adult female smithi is absolutely beautiful. In my opinion the only other brachy that compares is maybe an emilia. She is out in the open 95% of the time although she will hide for a long time durin premolt. She's not friendly though. Hair kicker extraodinaire. I've heard that emilia's aren't as bad with the kicking.

sweetmisery

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I see. I plan to get 2 of the list. I only got 1 T so far(Rosea) and plan to add more.

For now, I reserved Klaasi and Smithi, but Im still wanting to ask opinions, esp. here who experienced taking care of them. Im more concerned about colors(dont fade, full bright colors) than price and availability. I dont want to a T that looks cool in some pictures, but tends to have a different "morph" too, which tends to be bland.

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have B. angustum, B. emilia, B. smithi, and B. vagans. All are juvis ~2-2.5 inches, but are showing adult coloring. I think that my B. emilias are the prettiest as well as likely to just sit out. Both my B. angustums and B. vagans' (I have 2-4 of each species) have elaborate tunnel systems in their enclosures and the B. smithis are likely to sit half in-half out of their hides. I know that their behaviors will change somewhat as they mature, but I still think that the B. emilias are the prettiest.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
B smithi, if you get a 1/4' sling, within 2 molths, you get great color!!!

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Everyone has different tastes, that's why shirts come in red and blue. Personally, I think for WOWness, a mature boehmei is the prettiest. Then, I like the auratum. The red against the black is more striking then on the smithi. That's my OPINION repeat OPINION. Then again, I have almost every brachy, I like em all {D {D {D

Just an fyi, the klaasi is kind of a subtle pretty, not a wow pretty. I love the klaasi, they get really big. The carapace is jet black, but the pink is darkish, not bright. FYI

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You keep talking about "fading." I'm not at all sure what you're talking about, unless you mean a tarantula that won't look kinda crappy before a molt? No, there's no such thing. It's just a fact of tarantula biology that the old exoskeleton gets worn out and is replaced.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You might want to consider a boehmei. I have a 4 inch male, and he is stunnng!!! He doesn't hide, eats well, and isn't to much to keep clean. However, he is the worst hair kicker that I have out of over 60 spiders. He is pretty skittish as well, so not one I would try and handle. He is beautiful though.

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Brachypelma annitha
Brachypelma klaasi
Brachypelma boehmei
(although there isn't in your list)

Keith Richard

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I loathe seeing a tarantula with a bare patch on the abdomin from kicking which is why I shy away from Boehmei. I have smithi and emilia and both are very calm, never kick or flick. My emilia is borderline as calm as my G. pulchra and quite stunning in appearance. The smithi is THE classic tarantula...and for good reasons......wonderful appearance. I also have a juv vagans, but it's still at the two inch mark and doesn't come out if its hide yet.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I do love Smithi but Emilia are great as well. If you have the spare cash a Klaasi is a good addition as well. All Brachys stay out in the open for the most part when they get over the 3" mark, before that they will burrow if you give them the right setup.

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I loathe seeing a tarantula with a bare patch on the abdomin from kicking which is why I shy away from Boehmei. I have smithi and emilia and both are very calm, never kick or flick. My emilia is borderline as calm as my G. pulchra and quite stunning in appearance. The smithi is THE classic tarantula...and for good reasons......wonderful appearance. I also have a juv vagans, but it's still at the two inch mark and doesn't come out if its hide yet.
I have four boehmeis, none have a bare patch. I try very hard not to make my spiders nervous, though.

Keith Richard

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have four boehmeis, none have a bare patch. I try very hard not to make my spiders nervous, though.
....me too. I'm seriously considering offloading my two Gramms and replacing with other Brachys. I will keep my N. chromatus since it's such a stunning spider (but it does has a bald abdomin from kicking...but not at me). The boehmei is high on the list. Maybe also ruhnaui.

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I too would have to vote for either or both of B. smithi and B. emelia. Not only are they beautiful tarantulas, but they seemingly live forever. If you get either of these two you should plan on eventually writing them into your will!

BTW, if you're buying babies, get at least three of each species. That way you'll have 7 chances out of 8 of getting at least one female.

"But I only want one female of each!"

So, sell any extras to your buddies or advertise them on these boards. People will even buy males from you for breeding.

Mostly, though, enjoy your tarantulas!

sweetmisery

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I too would have to vote for either or both of B. smithi and B. emelia. Not only are they beautiful tarantulas, but they seemingly live forever. If you get either of these two you should plan on eventually writing them into your will!

BTW, if you're buying babies, get at least three of each species. That way you'll have 7 chances out of 8 of getting at least one female.

"But I only want one female of each!"

So, sell any extras to your buddies or advertise them on these boards. People will even buy males from you for breeding.

Mostly, though, enjoy your tarantulas!
Thanks but I really am not planning to breed them just yet. If they take forever to live, then maybe some other time. Cuz its already expensive getting them, Im not planning to get same species. But hey, howcome if I get 3, 7 out of 8 is 1 female? Are female ratios more?

THANKS ALL FOR THE HELP! Now you guys are tempting me to spend more and get more Brachys!