best adboreal Ts should I choice?

gladmar

Arachnopeon
I need adboreal Ts what is the best Adboreal Ts except on "Avicularia Species"?
my choice right now (P. Irminia, T. Gigas, H. Maculata, P. Ornata/P. Striata, and P. Cambridgei)? what's the best choice should I buy?

Rob1985

This user has no status.
if it's your first arboreal T and you're not experienced with T's none of these are a good choice. Do you have something against Avics? :?

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Depending on what you already have already:

P. cambridgei is probably the calmest of the bunch & probably wouldn't be a bad choice even if you haven't been keeping long. I absolutely adore my beastly lady.

If you are looking to get a little more advanced, T. gigas (speedy little suckers.)

Or if you feel pretty comfortable with painful venom & speedy spiders, whichever one you like the looks of :) All are pretty easy to care for.

King Leonidas

Arachnopeon
Frankly, The H.maculata possess the strongest venom from the list you presented.

Iridopelma recife?

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
I felt like being nice and not the "grammar police"{D
Rob, u lost your job as a grammar enforcer this time... Lol...:eek:

But as rob said do u have anything against avics? The Ts u listed are quite intermediate in terms of experience required....

LV-426

Arachnobaron
i would go for P. irminia or P. cambridgei, my personal favorites

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Agree, T gigas is less bitey even if they are pretty skittish!

jgod790

Arachnoknight
I would STRONGLY recommend an avic species. For now at least, keep an avic for 6 months and see what happens. If everything goes well, then get one off your list.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I would STRONGLY recommend an avic species. For now at least, keep an avic for 6 months and see what happens. If everything goes well, then get one off your list.
IMO if the OP doesnt want Avics he doesnt have too. My first Ts were all ones that are not so called "beginners Ts". I think the OP will be fine as long as he has respect what he gets and is not afraid of something with attitude. Dont forget, they are not monsters, justs Ts

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Get yourself an Avicularia, if you have no experience with biting arboreal species. You can handle Avicularias if you want, but they get easily spooked, especially versicolor does. If you want a bit advanced, get P. cambridgei, but they are supposed to be a bit nervous, defensive, very quick and hiding. Mine is very calm though she is hiding most of the time in her burrowed hole under the root. My versicolor is always out her web if its hungry wich is most of the time, she normally waits at the door so that I open them and feed her.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:embarrassed:

The OP gave a finite list of tarantulas that he wanted people to choose from and specifically stated he didn't want Avicularia. If you are going to post a recommendation, at least give him the courtesy of choosing one on the list. There is a possibility that those are the only ones currently available to him. If you are going to recommend something else, you could at least tie it in to what he has listed. If you want to list your reasoning at the end, go ahead. If you want to know why he doesn't want Avicularia, ask. Please be respectful.

Based on the species that you listed, I would choose T. gigas. I had one before, but it died as a sling. One of these days, I'll probably give it another go. I've also had P. cambridgei and P. irminia. They look nice, but I just don't have the interest right now. I'm not a fan of H. maculata. I just don't think they are pretty and I don't want to risk getting bitten by one. The pokies are all very pretty, but again, I personally don't want to risk the bite. With that being said, if I ever change my mind about getting a pokie, I'd personally go for P. subfusca. It is by far, in my opinion, the prettiest of all pokies.

Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason that you don't want to go with an Avicularia? What criteria are you most interested in when choosing your arborial?

Good luck,

Jon

Last edited: