Bess Beetle Bioactive Problems

goliathusdavid

Arachnobaron
Hello! I am generally not a fan of bioactive tanks but after doing some collecting last summer I created a "Philadelphia wood living arthropod tank" just for the heck of it. Composed of 7 bess beetles, a few dozen Oniscus asellus, and a bunch of unidentified polydesmids (all of which I collected from the same log) it has done remarkably well. Unfortunately I now have a slight problem:
I've been sourcing my wood directly from the log where I collected them, and haven't been sterilizing it (as I normally would) since it's from their former home. However, it appears that 2 stone centipedes and an unknown wingless insect with a stinger snuck in on the last log. I have tried, to no avail, to capture these intruders but did not see them as cause for serious concern until they made a significant dent in my isopod population. (They are small enough that they pose no threat to the lumbering bess beetle tanks).
Under normal circumstances, I would just change the substrate and see if I could capture these creatures, but as the tank includes many baby isopods and VERY small polydesmids, I'm hesitant to do that. Any advice on alternatives? I'm going to keep trying to capture, but my three stowaways spend most of their time underground.