Behavior question

Necromion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a A. Metallica sling and im trying to figure out if it is going to molt soon or what is going on. well the cause of my concern is that it has stopped eating. however it gets even weirder if i put a pinhead cricket even near it it spazes out and runs away. any clues on whats going on? other then the odd behavior it seems relatively healthy. as its my first sling I am worried about the little guy.

Blaze

Arachnopeon
it sounds pretty normal. my B smithi hasnt eaten for 2 weeks, and his abdomen just turned really black on the bald spot, so hes in premolt.

esotericman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
More details might help folks pin anything down if there is anything to pin down. Things like size, last molt, culture and care... You said pinhead cricket, but that does not mean the animal is only .5".

phily1579

Arachnopeon
Sounds like its in premolt. Make sure all crickets is out of the cage. Make sure it got a water dish. He should be just fine. The first thing a t does when its going into premolt is they stop eating. No need to worry about that. When they dnt eat just make sure u take all crickets out of the cage..

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Look for a darkerning of the exuvia, it will go almost black at sling stage depending on the species.

I have 3 slings approaching a molt now and 1 sling just molted for the second time this month it is now a juvie at 2"