Behavior journal

Hiking Mike

Arachnopeon
Does any one keep a journal or log of their scorpions behavior, feeding habits, or anything like that?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
For my H. troglodytes:

Day 1, hasn't moved from hide
Day 2, still nothing
Day 16, finally have movement. Scorpion turned around in the burrow
Day 17, nothing
:D
Honestly, I don't because my scorps don't really do anything worth noting on a daily/weekly basis. They sit, may move around, and potentially eat. Sadly, they don't really exibit much behavior of interest IMO to write down. I can tell you just about everything from just watching them every day, but that's just me. Molts are the only thing, but I don't really do that either.

Last edited:

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
i document feeding and molts through an app but thats more so i can just keep track of them all

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
I've an Xcel spreadsheet for each specimen I have. Binomial name, sub species, sex, date purchased and size, country of origin, OW/NW, rehousing date and the bottom area for molt dates. That's all I keep track of.

GingerC

Arachnosquire
I don't keep track of anything except molt dates. My care schedule (including all of my spineless animals) is basically just feed on Saturday, feed on Wednesday, clean at the end of the month. Pretty sparse.

My scorpion lives alone, and may not really do much, but her behavior still fascinates me anyway. I sneak up on her at night to watch her digging around, dragging her claws on the walls, and playing the "how long will it take to tip my water bowl on my face and get mad at it" game. If I ever buy a tankmate or two, I'll definitely have to start logging their behavior, because this is probably the aspect of scorpion life I'm most interested in. :D

Stugy

Arachnolord
I'm planning to keep a log of my Grosphus grandidieri babies. But that won't happen in a while because I got to wait to breed my current G.grandidieri for the scorplings lol