Behavior changes post molt

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
My MF Eauthlus sp "red" is about7 years old and I got her in August. She molted about one month ago and her behavior has been very different since. She hardly moves and is in her hide most of the time. I make sure she has water. She ate a mealworm last week and ate a cricket today.

I'm a bit concerned because it's different and I also understand that they sometimes act differently after a molt. Anything to be concerned about? And is it normal for a mature T to take a while to recover after a molt?

Thanks for any info. I miss seeing her!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
My MF Eauthlus sp "red" is about7 years old and I got her in August. She molted about one month ago and her behavior has been very different since. She hardly moves and is in her hide most of the time. I make sure she has water. She ate a mealworm last week and ate a cricket today.

I'm a bit concerned because it's different and I also understand that they sometimes act differently after a molt. Anything to be concerned about? And is it normal for a mature T to take a while to recover after a molt?

Thanks for any info. I miss seeing her!
You're right on both fronts - they can dramatically change their disposition, and they can also take a long time to go back to their normal disposition after a molt. I thought that my AF T. stirmi became a sweetheart after her last molt... nope, she's back to being a pain. Took about six months.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I think you have nothing to worry :-s

Molting is a very delicate moment that sucks Theraphosidae energy like Homer a beer. Plus yours ate.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Ok. Can you make her go back to her fun, curious ways? I guess it's good she's eating because she didn't eat before.

I almost titled this post "help! My T is clinically depressed!" :troll:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ok. Can you make her go back to her fun, curious ways? I guess it's good she's eating because she didn't eat before.

I almost titled this post "help! My T is clinically depressed!" :troll:
Eh, no :kiss:

I'm sorry but a nice parquet and an high priced Doc leather table works only with eccentric people, not with Theraphosidae :-s

- "Doctor I'm not crazy"
- "Oh I know, I know. So let's see... uhm, breath, relax. Please tell me... oh, time finished. See you next Wednesday, $400 thank you" :angelic:

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Eh, no :kiss:

I'm sorry but a nice parquet and an high priced Doc leather table works only with eccentric people, not with Theraphosidae :-s

- "Doctor I'm not crazy"
- "Oh I know, I know. So let's see... uhm, breath, relax. Please tell me... oh, time finished. See you next Wednesday, $400 thank you" :angelic:[/QUOTE/]

Way to totally poop on my profession, Chris. :penguin:
Also I'm a behaviorist, which is why I treat arachnophobia and what brings me here! Your comment is leading me to believe I should increase my rates and get better furniture though:) :pompous:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
:kiss: I love to joke Lady, but you have to agree with me that the "Doctor I'm not crazy" line is always a classic incipit to use :-s

The rest (furnitures etc) is due to Billy Crystal and those N.Y movies that corrupted me :angelic:

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Haha. I know what you mean. Besides, we are all crazy!

My favorite movie about psychotherapists is What about Bob? So funny.