Beginner small snake breeds

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
What would be a good beginner small snake breed. Something that can fit in no more then a 15 gallon tank. Also something sociable and will interact often.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Been doing snakes longer than Ts - not sociable.

Children’s Python maxes out at 2 ft, docile

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Opheophagus Hannah maxes out around 20. Ft. You can handle it, you can handle any animal on the planet, except hippos.

yrod6753

Arachnopeon
What would be a good beginner small snake breed. Something that can fit in no more then a 15 gallon tank. Also something sociable and will interact often.
Ball Python, not to hearty but very tough and friendly if you follow simple rules, that was my thorn before Ts and still is, I have a Blood Python and plan on getting a Green Tree Python this week, if I can find one.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
Ball python or corn snake, those were the first two snakes I had. The ball will be chunkier looking. And the corn snakes are more active. Both great first snakes IMO. going to need a bigger tank for an adult of either though.

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Opheophagus Hannah maxes out around 20. Ft. You can handle it, you can handle any animal on the planet, except hippos.
I will definitely consider this. This species seems to be the most docile, non venomous and manageable size there is.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Corn snakes you can hardly go wrong with, but I don't know that I'd keep an adult in a 15 gallon tank.

The Snark

Old Timer
Not sure he really got that based on the response
Yipes.

@Jonathan6303 Re: Opheophagus Hannah. FYI, it was a joke in poor taste. But you would have been clued when the legit seller asks for copies of all your licenses and permits and port of entry duties and so on, or the illegitimate seller slapping a $50,000 or more price tag on it.
But on a side note, they are far above all other snakes in terms of studying them. No other snake acts like they do.

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Yipes.

@Jonathan6303 FYI, it was a joke in poor taste. But you would have been clued when the legit seller asks for copies of all your licenses and permits and port of entry duties and so on, or the illegitimate seller slapping a $50,000 or more price tag on it.
Oh sorry I didn’t catch on. I kinda replied with sarcasm because I thought that was were the joke was going. It was deeper 😆. Jokes always have a direction. I chose the wrong path.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Yipes.

@Jonathan6303 Re: Opheophagus Hannah. FYI, it was a joke in poor taste. But you would have been clued when the legit seller asks for copies of all your licenses and permits and port of entry duties and so on, or the illegitimate seller slapping a $50,000 or more price tag on it.
Hell, maybe he did get the joke and pulled one over on us!!! Lol:D

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Oh sorry I didn’t catch on. I kinda replied with sarcasm because I thought that was were the joke was going. It was deeper 😆. Jokes always have a direction. I chose the wrong path.
Stay away from that species!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

The Snark

Old Timer
What do these guys even eat. A capybara
When they can't find other snakes they LOVE frogs and guppies. Thus rice fields are buffet meals. I once watched one get into a drying out pond. It methodically ate every last guppy. Probably around 2000+. Ultimate pig out.

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
When they can't find other snakes they LOVE frogs and guppies. Thus rice fields are buffet meals. I once watched one get into a drying out pond. It methodically ate every last guppy. Probably around 2000+. Ultimate pig out.
Now that’s what I call a meat eater. He definitely wouldn’t eat an impossible burger