Hadogenes bicolor
Hadogenes troglodytes
Heterometrus spinifer
Pandinus cavimanus
Pandinus imperator
Pandinus viatoris
Smeringurus mesaensis
Uroctonus mordax

Dont ask their common names, I dont know then. These seemed to be the most harmless scorpions listed, there for in my oppinion, the best starter scorps! enjoy!

BugBoyX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't really have a list.....but I can highly recomend any of the Hadrurus arizonensis subspecies. This was my first, and only right now, scorpion. They're not really for people who want to handle there scorps. The sting really hurts and they have no problem doing it. Their good points are that they are super active, moving about in the tank (even during the daytime), they like to modify there tanks with all kinds of tunnels and such (which is cool to watch), they often use their stingers on prey (also cool to watch), they are a desert species so a nice dry tank is all you need (no worries about keeping the humidity levels up with spraying and such) and they're very hardy.....I've heard reports of them living up to 20yrs. Really great scorps. in my opinion...also some of the subspecies like my H.a. spadix are really colourful.

Reitz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree with either H. arizonsis and H. spadix, I prefer spadix because they tend (in my limited experience) to be more active.

Florida bark (C. gracilis) scorps are nice too (I really seem to be plugging for these guys tonight). They're active, and their ability to climb makes them even more fun to watch. The only problem is the potential for excape. Since they are both thin and excellent climbers a secure tank is a must. Also, C. gracilis from anywhere but the US are very dangerous creatures. Florida barks are relativly harmless though.

Chris

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Opisthacanthus sp. and Opistophthalmus sp are also good. The former is from the same family as the flat-rocks (Hadogenes) but likes more humid/bark conditions than the dryer, rockier Hadogenes. The latter are similar in many ways to Heterometrus in their temperment and venom strength but a bit easier to keep due to their need for a drier environment.

Cheers,
Dave