beginner scorpion keeper

Gabe Ma

Arachnosquire
Hello, I am new to scorpion keeping, however, I have kept several other reptiles. I have been wanting a scorpion for some time now and would like to finally invest into one. Tarantula Canada has a variety of species. I have heard of desert hairy, emperor scorps, and forest scorps to be good beginners. However, none are available on the tarantula Canada website, I would also like something different from those scorps. Can you guys suggest any scorps that are available on the tarantula Canadas website that is good for me to start off with? Eventually, I will also get into tarantulas :)

thank you for your time!

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
I think Arachnophiliacs may have desert hairy, emperor and forest...

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Hello, I am new to scorpion keeping, however, I have kept several other reptiles. I have been wanting a scorpion for some time now and would like to finally invest into one. Tarantula Canada has a variety of species. I have heard of desert hairy, emperor scorps, and forest scorps to be good beginners. However, none are available on the tarantula Canada website, I would also like something different from those scorps. Can you guys suggest any scorps that are available on the tarantula Canadas website that is good for me to start off with? Eventually, I will also get into tarantulas :)

thank you for your time!
All three of those excellent beginner species. The Emperor and Asian Forest Scorpion require the same care, 4"-6" of moist not damp substrate packed down usually peat moss, coco fiber, or safe potting soil. A cork bark hide and a waterdish. Temps 80-85F day temps, 70-75F night temps.

Desert Hairy Scorpion requires a bit more... 4"-7" of 60/40 sand/clay mixed with water and packed down then completely dried out. This species loves to dig and construct burrows, if provided only on sand it will incessantly dig without cease seeking a substrate it can burrow into. Day temps 80-90F, night temps 70-80F. If you choose this one be sure to buy an adult (they are long-lived) because juveniles rarely survive past the 4th or 5th molt because of unknown environmental factors due to being captive.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
All three of those excellent beginner species. The Emperor and Asian Forest Scorpion require the same care, 4"-6" of moist not damp substrate packed down usually peat moss, coco fiber, or safe potting soil. A cork bark hide and a waterdish. Temps 80-85F day temps, 70-75F night temps.

Desert Hairy Scorpion requires a bit more... 4"-7" of 60/40 sand/clay mixed with water and packed down then completely dried out. This species loves to dig and construct burrows, if provided only on sand it will incessantly dig without cease seeking a substrate it can burrow into. Day temps 80-90F, night temps 70-80F. If you choose this one be sure to buy an adult (they are long-lived) because juveniles rarely survive past the 4th or 5th molt because of unknown environmental factors due to being captive.
Gotta love when you help people out and they don't even acknowledge it... ;)

Gabe Ma

Arachnosquire
Sorry Ferrachi, I ordered a scorp from the breeder you mentioned. However, i just plainly forgot to reply back.