Beginner question regarding Crickets

pinkvil

Arachnopeon
Hello, first week with my T's.
I got a bag with 12 crickets but only fed them a few ones. When you have "left over" crickets what do you do?
Do you toss them, put them in a different container and save them for later? If so, how?
Would appreciate some tips. :cricket:

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
Get a critter keeper. Some bits of eggcarton. A bottlecap as water dish. Put crickets in there. Clean water dish every day. Feed fish flakes and occasionally some bits of apple, carrot pieces or other vegetables, ideally untreated/organic. Keep the enclosure dry. Remove uneaten vegetables after a day. Clean enclosure every week or so. Keep dry. They'll last quite a whole that way. Did I mention to keep them dry?

SquidStina

Arachnopeon
I use one of those fairly tall flour/grain containers (the height helps me avoid crickets bouncing out of the enclosure) with plenty of small holes drilled into it for airflow. I add a piece of egg carton, some cricket food (I have some dry powdered grain/nutrient mix specifically for crickets, probably not 100% necessary), a wet paper towel (they can't drown on it and it's easy to switch out), and some vegetables.
I'm pretty lazy regarding my feeders, to be honest. I change the paper towel 1-2 times a week, and I clean as many corpses out as I can about once a week. I put new veggies in 1-2 times a week.
I feel like not enough airflow and not removing dead crickets is the thing that kills them the fastest.

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
Kritter keeper and deli cup with coco fiber. I let the remaining adults lay eggs for a day then remove and let eggs hatch