Beginner Plant Questions Regarding My Future Guyana Pink Toe & Arizona Blonde Enclosures!

Numismatica

Arachnosquire
I illuminate with LEDs, they grow accordingly slowly. Once, at most twice a year I cut them back or make offshoots for new enclosures.
Twice a year is not that bad at all! Might even be a good beginner plant to start my green thumb in my own garden one day!
Wish more owners realized this.
I don't have enough T experience to say. I do know, for certain, that the best way to keep an animal is

Sounds kind of nice, actually. I'm a bit jealous. :grumpy:

I think when we anthropomorphize animals, it isn't so much that it gets things incorrect (which it does), but demeans the animal by projecting our own issues onto it. Lovely creatures, that don't care what their enclosure looks like so long as it meets their physical needs.
Thank you guys, knowing this will help me a lot moving forward, and I now understand that spicing up your T's enclosure likely does more harm than good in certain aspects. But to me (it sounds a bit harsh maybe) it adds the decoration that I feel T's are kept for, to the amateur's at least. It's a cross of judgement for me as I would like my T to enjoy their wonderland, but its also relieving knowing it will be just as satisfied all of the time as long as I keep the needs right.

My plan is set in stone and I will be spicing up my enclosure to make it look natural given the area where my T comes from, but I will definitely make sure not to go overboard and that the needs are kept for the T before anything else.

I've been working on my first enclosure build and id love some feedback on that too. Specifically about the vent holes. I have 50 holes in this 7.25 x 7.25 x 12 acrylic display box and a long strip on both sides from cutting the top lid out (which I hope wont be a problem for the T, maybe for the food) I put a smaller number of holes on the front for viewing purposes and few on the top to help a tad with keeping low-mid humidity, like I hear on YouTube haha. The door will probably have a magnetic lock but if anyone has other ideas id love to hear it! The tape is the marker for where I assume the substrate should reach to. Im also thinking of painting the sides of the lid black as there are a LOT of ugly scuffs. What kind of paint is safe to use?
Its very ugly right now an probably still will be in the end haha, but so far creating this thing seems like it will save me way over half of a store bought enclosure and still a good chunk compared to the few sites I've seen.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello to all you gorgeous collectors out there! I'm pretty new to the hobby and I've been wondering what kinds of plants work best in either of these tarantulas enclosures. I know they must be different as they are from different climates and are different dwellers, and I also know some dry climate tarantulas are best left without live plants, but I LOVE the look it provides and the extra natural feel it gives, which I hope the T's can also appreciate after living with the fake stuff in a store or something.

To summarize, my biggest questions are:
What type of plants would work best given the T's natures?
2. What are the extra concerns to keep in mind with these live plants? (watering, cleaning, accident avoidance, etc.)
3. What mixture soil should be added for these plants? Or is it not a big deal and use what your T regularly uses?
4. (Off topic a bit) Should you always have a false bottom for enclosures with live pants, or high humidity Tarantulas in general?

If you're wondering, I chose these two because I think the Pink Toe is adorable, easy to acquire and manage, and I like the terrestrial nature compared to one of my favorites, the Arizona Blonde. On the flip side I absolutely ADORE the Blonde because I am also an Arizona native and the coloration that this T has never forgets to remind me of the beautiful desert state I live in. Which in turn makes this T even more beautiful to me! I also would love to have an arboreal T along side a terrestrial T.

It might be a lot of explaining, especially if you want to break down my very broad noob questions. If you'd like, reply with the # you are answering and let someone else take care of another # :) Thanks in advance!

Here's a random pic I came across re plants and Ts hah

https://www.reddit.com/r/tarantulas/comments/o1tl1x

A. chalcodes enclosure
View attachment 388844

Avic enclosure:
View attachment 388845
How'd you do the back panel- Great Stuff Foam?