Beginner Centipedes

Spotted Bull

Arachnopeon
I hope this is the correct place for this post. I have recently become very interested in keeping a centipede or two (or three or four or...) and was wondering what the experienced keepers here would recommend as their top 5 best beginner species of centipedes. I have a little experience with arachnids, as I have two T’s, Aphonopelma chalcodes and Brachypelma albopilosum and a Pandinus imperator. Any tips on care and husbandry would also be greatly appreciated. This will give me a starting point in doing a bunch of my own research. Thanks in advance for your time.

i like reptiles

Arachnopeon
stone centipedes (lithobius fortificus) are good, cant bite, small (around 2-3 inches) and live about 5 years

thedragonslapper

Arachnosquire
My first was a large Scolo subspinipes. Just house them in an enclosure taller than they are long, do any maintenance with long tongs, NO HANDLING, and you should be fine.

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
My first was a large Scolo subspinipes. Just house them in an enclosure taller than they are long, do any maintenance with long tongs, NO HANDLING, and you should be fine.
This is not recommended due to their fast speed and potent venom. If they're willing to get an easy centipede and work their way up they shouldn't be recommended to something that could hospitalize them. And if they have any pets and it escaped, if it bit it would kill the pet. It's best for them to start with some of the other recommended species. The tips should be applied to all centipedes, not just subspinipes.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
I went with a big dehaani because it’s what my shop had and I’ve worked with other inverts and animals. I get it’s not recommended though. Try polymorpha or another smaller species. Have a deep tub with smooth sides so they can’t escape. I will be honest. My dehaani did escape at 1 am while I was sleeping but I got it back in it’s tub and got locks for the tub. They escape out the tiniest gaps.