Beginner breeding species?

PrincessAltina

ArachnoQueen
So I've been in the hobby for several years now but i want to give breeding a try, i just wanna know what'll be easy to breed. Ideally I'd like to breed Hottentotta Jayakari or Franzwerneri. And also Androctonus Australis, Bicolor, or Crassicauda. I also wanna heard Centroides Vittatus is a good beginner species and they're fairly cheap. Opinions?

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't have any experience at all and I can say Babycurus jacksoni.
I didn't even try to breed them. Had a communal and they just bred. I don't think it gets easier than not even trying. :rofl:

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
On your list, C. vittatus would be the easiest. They're commonly available, pretty cheap, and a hardy species and doesn't really need supplemental heat, though a gravid female would appreciate it. As a bonus the gestation period is shorter. Depending on where you're at in Colorado you may be able to collect some yourself.

Tityus stigmurus would be another option. Females are parthenogenetic, so it as long as there's food and hiding spots they'll take care of the rest. Can be kept communally too. Much more venomous though.

Babycurus jacksoni would probably be another good option, but they've gotten pretty scarce in the US.

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
Centruroides vittatus and Centruroides hentzi, are good first options. Easy to reproduce...not wickedly venomous, young grow well and quickly.

ignithium

Arachnoknight
Andros are not super easy to breed in my experience. I concur with pretty much everything suggested already, Centruroides.

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
Anything pathogenic (Yes I'm a smart axx)
Parabuthus is always high/top on my list when the word "easy" shows up anywhere

PrincessAltina

ArachnoQueen
I have 3 H. Hottentotta and i just got a colony of 3.4.5 C. Vittatus in the mail today UwU

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
I'd probably go with C. vittatus as generally they're easier to take care of.