Begginer Tarantula

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Thank you, I did have a look at that, it was very helpful and informative

A G. Pulchripes, from what I've read, may be a little big, not for me, but for my parents, I'd rather get a smaller one than risking someone forcing me to get rid of it (or worse, kill it). I'll see what happens, though.
Euathlus sp red/ yellow are smaller. and have nicer colors.

Leila

Arachnobaron
You honestly can't go wrong with Brachypelma albopilosum:

- They're dirt cheap and easily obtainable.
- They're one of the faster growing members of the genus (I got a 2" female 11 months ago and she's well over 4" now).
- They have a good appetite.
- They're visible most of the time when bigger.
- They're fairly active.
- They're generally just good-natured, adorable little fuzzballs of death.

View media item 39472View media item 39473
That's a Brachypelma albopilosum? :confused:
My gal looks totally different. :shy:

Last edited:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
That's a Brachypelma albopilosum?
My gal looks totally different.
I assume mine is the hobby form, I never asked when I got her as I didn't know there was more than one type, I don't intend to breed her so it doesn't matter to me either way.

Leila

Arachnobaron
I assume mine is the hobby form, I never asked when I got her as I didn't know there was more than one type, I don't intend to breed her so it doesn't matter to me either way.
Either way, she is a phenomenally beeeeautiful lady :cat:
I'm sorry if it seemed like I was insulting your T; I was simply confused. Ya know, I am still pretty new to this. Lol.

Also, to the OP, I give another vote for the B. albo. They are dolls! :embarrassed:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Either way, she is a phenomenally beeeeautiful lady :cat:
I'm sorry if it seemed like I was insulting your T; I was simply confused. Ya know, I am still pretty new to this. Lol.

Also, to the OP, I give another vote for the B. albo. They are dolls! :embarrassed:
Thanks, she's an absolute sweetheart.

No need to apologise, I didn't take it as anything other than surprise that she looked different.

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
G. pulchripes is just as cheap and abundant. They're both equally good choices and of the cheapest options, your clear choices.
I'm just speaking from what I see in Classifieds and also locally. I come across B.albo more frequently. Both are good choices, I was simply stating what I see is cheaper and more readily available.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
that last ones pretty good... red/black > brown/gold
But G. pulchripes ARE black, or at least they look black with some yellowish setae. They also have long pink hairs everywhere. Definitely more multi-colored than some people realize.

Reptiquatics

Arachnopeon
:eek:
Why would your parents kill it if it is too big!? Are they that opposed to you keeping T's?
I doubt anyone would physically kill it. I'm more worried about a sibling, guest, or parent putting the cage outside. They aren't super opposed to me keeping them, but they are a bit iffy about the idea. It's much more likely that they'd make me give it away than harm it in any way.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I doubt anyone would physically kill it. I'm more worried about a sibling, guest, or parent putting the cage outside. They aren't super opposed to me keeping them, but they are a bit iffy about the idea. It's much more likely that they'd make me give it away than harm it in any way.
Well like I said, most beginner species are very slow growers. Now,if you got an Acanthoscurria geniculata, you'd be looking at an eight-inch monster within maybe two years. That could be alarming to your parents.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
But G. pulchripes ARE black, or at least they look black with some yellowish setae. They also have long pink hairs everywhere. Definitely more multi-colored than some people realize.
Lol.. you're not changing my mind. Maybe sending me Regina and letting me keep one first hand would help..:angelic:

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Lol.. you're not changing my mind. Maybe sending me Regina and letting me keep one first hand would help..:angelic:
How dare thou insult the Queen. Prepare to die for your crimes, infidel - *ahem*cough* But I'm not trying to convince you that the G. pulchripes looks better, because that's purely opinion. All I was saying is that the G. pulchripes is black, because it IS black. Also, you've never had one? U silly billy.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
How dare thou insult the Queen. Prepare to die for your crimes, infidel - *ahem*cough* But I'm not trying to convince you that the G. pulchripes looks better, because that's purely opinion. All I was saying is that the G. pulchripes is black, because it IS black. Also, you've never had one? U silly billy.
Uhm @Chris LXXIX , we have a renegade heretic over here. Your exorcism skills are needed. :D