beetle lifespan

nitrotek

Arachnopeon
I have a broad-necked darkling thats I caught over a year ago anyone know how long they live?

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'd just be taking a shot in the dark, nitro, but app. 2 years, tops< a fairly glorious beetle lifespan, if you ask me!>:D

Last edited:

Case

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Beetle lifespans vary widely by species, but most live as adults for only one season (spring-summer).
Some live longer. For instance I've read that calosoma scrutator, the fiery searcher/caterpillar hunter (which is a real beauty) can live as long as 4 years.

Scott

martinmtrevino

Arachnopeon
Please let me drop this adoption article on here. I have been thinking about buying a pet, researched on several and now Dalmatians sound like the choice to make. Dalmatians are one of the best companion dogs in the world. Provided they’re well-socialized by the dalmatian breeders, Dalmatians should have no problem getting along with other pooches. They don’t tend to have an aggressive streak, so lots of positive experiences with other mutts early on will allow them to develop their friendly personality.They should get along fine with other pets in the house. Reputable centers will run home checks, neuter dogs and inform you of any possible health or behavioral issues following assessments and I think this is where https://dalmatianpuppyplace.com ,stands out from all other dalmatian breeders who have dalmatian puppies for sale.If you think a distinctive appearance, energetic personality and unwavering loyalty make for a great canine pet, a Dalmatian could be the perfect dog breed for your family. The Dalmatian is an old breed, so old, in fact, that no one knows for sure where or when the Dalmatian's distinctive spots first developed. We do know that Dalmatians are valuable working dogs. They have a long association with firefighting, but before that, they were popular carriage dogs. They'd run alongside the carriages of wealthy English lords, calming the horses and standing guard. Back when fire trucks were horse powered, hiring a few Dalmatians to help control and relax horses reluctant to approach burning buildings must have seemed like a perfect pairing of brains and brawn. It didn't hurt that Dalmatians have a great deal of stamina and are powerful, agile runners in their own right.

paumotu

Arachnobaron
The darkling beetles last far longer than most other groups, so yours could live anywhere between 2-8 more years. But it’s age is uncertain as it’s wild caught.