Beetle ID help

Slappy

Arachnopeon
Hello folks,
I was sweeping some leaf litter on my patio and found a beetle scurrying around that I hadn’t seen in my area before. It’s about the size of a darkling beetle, but definitely has a more menacing face.
I did some digging and think it’s Laemostenus complanatus, a species native to Europe.
I was wondering if my identification was correct, and if so, what type of food does it eat? Sometimes if I find critters that are compatible, I’ll introduce them to my composting bin after 2-3 weeks in “quarantine”. Judging by its sharp mandibles, and the fact that it is FAST, that it’s some sort of predatory beetle, and not a good idea to introduce to the bin. I found very little information regarding that species diet on the googles.

A949848B-5813-49CE-AD18-344ED7D358BF.jpeg

SpiderWOLF

Arachnopeon
Laemostenus complanatus, a fast-running, predatory carabid beetle. Although native to northern Africa, this beetle is fairly common in southern California, and is SUPER COOL!!!!!!!!!!
:geek::geek::lurking::D:D

Slappy

Arachnopeon
Laemostenus complanatus, a fast-running, predatory carabid beetle. Although native to northern Africa, this beetle is fairly common in southern California, and is SUPER COOL!!!!!!!!!!
:geek::geek::lurking::D:D
Thank you for the confirmation!
it’s definitely a neat beetle, but I’m probably going to let it go tomorrow. I bet it’s been hunting the wild roaches that are attracted by the compost bin
:rofl::lol:

Slappy

Arachnopeon
I accidentally injured a dubia baby, and thought this guy would like it...