BEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeEEeeeEeeeessssss!!!

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, that's right, one of my Holothele sp. Colombia (Bumble Bee) sacks hatched about a week ago.

I present some awful photos of the spiderlings molting right after they emerged from the sac. And the next set is of them today with the mother, who is in need of a molt to show off her amazing colours.

Once again sorry about the quality. I did not want to disturb them too much and I'm abysmal with a camera.

Here they are, climbing to the lid to molt upside down. Right after they emerged from the sac they began to molt, using gravity to "fall" out of their exoskeleton.

And here they are a week later with the adult female.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have to ask because of the title : Do you watch Invader Zim by any chance? {D

Those spiders are sweet! I'm going to have to cut my debit card up at this rate. LOL!

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Only 22 slings came from this sack, but I have 2 more females in my social tank that have sacs and if they are similar to Holothele incei they should double clutch.

So sooner or later I will have some for sale. I will part with half this first sac as well.

And as pointed out I live in Canada. So unless someone wants to do a large, expensive import to the US they will be available only in Canada right now.

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
Congrats!

I am glad this was not another thread about the magical powers of feeding bees to tarantulas...I was worried when I saw the title.

--Dan

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats!

I am glad this was not another thread about the magical powers of feeding bees to tarantulas...I was worried when I saw the title.

--Dan
Lol, I can honestly say when I first read the title of the thread my first reaction was "Oh man, not another one of those bee guys again :eek:"....

And congrats to the OP.