Bee pollen for ants

nepenthes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok, so I was just kinda messing around experimenting you know the drill, when i was preparing a cup of tea w/ some bee pollen and remembered

*lots of minerals
*lots of protein

And thought "hmmm ants might like this stuff" Well it turns out Tetramorium sp's do.

You can see the brood w/ some pollen, and I've also found pollen littered around. So if you have a source of Bee pollen around, and you are willing to pay for some, go ahead get some it will last you and you're ants a long time. I might have noticed something, They might like a certain color pollen, probably cause the kind of pollen thats in it, so it could have some kind of flower pollen they don't like? Ill keep you updated if i see any kind of weird behavior w/ the pollen stuff.
{D

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've heard that Bee Pollen is pretty good not only for ants, but if your allergic to it that it seems to help...Pretty cool that Ants Like it though, But I can't say that it suprises me honestly...Check your local Natural Herb Stores if ya want to try this (Wild oats, Vitamin Cottage and so forth) That's where I buy mine, But it's not cheap...at least not here!

nepenthes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Come this spring ill have it for free wont have to pay a food store. Trust me i didn't buy the pollen for the ants. i bought it for me, allergies are horrible in the spring, it helps but it doesn't cure! Cant wait for my bee's!