Because one is never enough...

5dice

Arachnopeon
Just ordered a B. smithi, GBB, and a freebie N chromatis. I had intended to get an A versi too, but they were only 1/2". That tiny scares me. I went for a bigger B smithi instead. I'll wait until I can get a 1" versi. But I have homes ready for these new arrivals. Can't wait. Should I have ordered the versi anyhow? I really want it. But I find baby crickets a pain and can't get dubia that small. Might just have to get used to some fruit flies... regretting not ordering the versi...

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice. I've always enjoyed all three of those T's. As for the A. versi they are almost always available, so if you wait long enough you'll find a larger specimen for sale.

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
Cut up mealworms are alright for a T that small. :) Don't worry about it, I was planning on getting a versicolor over a year ago but was intimidated by reports of them "mysteriously" dying, so I opted not to. Still don't have one yet because I seem to self consciously avoid arboreals, only have 2 out of my 15 spiders in my collection. But they're pretty widely available so I wouldn't worry.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
I find it easiest to give my tiny slings a pre-killed (not even twitching as the twitches might scare the sling off) large cricket. That way, the sling can eat its fill in one go. However, I find that unnecessary to do with my versi sling as it has a huge appetite.:) I just give it live, sometimes maimed crickets depending on the size of the cricket. For me, it isn't an exact science.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I like buying in multiples. I wish my funds were unlimited, but they aren't so choices have to be made. Throw that Avic on your want list, it will be there later. There will always be a woulda coulda shoulda. The two you bought are awesome. That chromatus looks great after it's colors come in. Nice threesome you picked up. Enjoy

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
I find it easiest to give my tiny slings a pre-killed (not even twitching as the twitches might scare the sling off) large cricket. That way, the sling can eat its fill in one go. However, I find that unnecessary to do with my versi sling as it has a huge appetite.:) I just give it live, sometimes maimed crickets depending on the size of the cricket. For me, it isn't an exact science.
Same here. I've found that I really don't enjoy the hassle of wrangling up pinheads. It's much easier to feed pre-killed "medium" crickets or diced up mealies. My slings don't seem to care either way, so it's a win-win!

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just ordered a B. smithi, GBB, and a freebie N chromatis. I had intended to get an A versi too, but they were only 1/2". That tiny scares me. I went for a bigger B smithi instead. I'll wait until I can get a 1" versi. But I have homes ready for these new arrivals. Can't wait. Should I have ordered the versi anyhow? I really want it. But I find baby crickets a pain and can't get dubia that small. Might just have to get used to some fruit flies... regretting not ordering the versi...
Yeah, I know what you mean about the "should have bought it!" second thoughts. I just passed on a juvenile suspect-male P. irminia at Repticon today and the whole drive home was wishing I'd got it. (Had it not been probably male, I definitely would have!) I also passed on some P. sazimai and M. balfouri slings because they were just a bit smaller than I was comfortable with - especially at those prices. I'm going to wait a bit and see if I can find some bigger ones down the road.

At least A. versicolor seem to be fairly common - I'm sure you won't have trouble finding one that's just a bit bigger. There were a whole bunch of different Avic species at the show today, and some of them were pretty decent sized. I've raised A. versicolor from a sling (my second sling ever - the first was B. albopilosum) and had no problems with him - except for the regrettable matter of his gender.

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
Yeah, I know what you mean about the "should have bought it!" second thoughts. I just passed on a juvenile suspect-male P. irminia at Repticon today and the whole drive home was wishing I'd got it. (Had it not been probably male, I definitely would have!) I also passed on some P. sazimai and M. balfouri slings because they were just a bit smaller than I was comfortable with - especially at those prices. I'm going to wait a bit and see if I can find some bigger ones down the road.
Dude I went to Rexpo and saw the perfect M. balfoouri sling just sitting there for 65$, but instead I was like "..Nah!" And got my OBT, LP, and P. reduncus instead. Kind of regret getting an LP, should have at least gotten an A. genic...

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dude I went to Rexpo and saw the perfect M. balfoouri sling just sitting there for 65$, but instead I was like "..Nah!" And got my OBT, LP, and P. reduncus instead. Kind of regret getting an LP, should have at least gotten an A. genic...
A. genic is a great spider - it's one of my favorites, both for looks and feeding response - but LPs are nice, too. I halfway regret trading away mine when he matured out male, but at least he got mated.

Haemus

Arachnosquire
I agree with @AlbatrossWarrior, cutting up meal worms is very efficient, especially for multiple T's. Easy to catch, easy to segment, and the leftovers goes to your dumpster T :)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
If you get the setup right on Avics then they are not hard to care for. Cut up or prekilled works great for most small slings.

I'm a big fan of all of those Ts though I don't have a N chromatis yet. Arboreal Ts can be a little intimidating to me because they look so dainty. I was really impressed when one of my 2i A.avics drug a dubia easily 2 times it's body size up the wall to it's web tunnel.