Beautiful sight.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It reminds me of my years in Hawaii...we would see huntsman spiders there fairly frequently, although people tended to call them "cane spiders" there. I was astounded by their speed and agility.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Looks like Heteropoda venatoria. Just about the best pest control you could ask for! :)

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
One of those is a beautiful sight. The other is not so welcome to range free in my home.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cool, that's a good pic there. I have a lot of "tangle web" spiders in my house since I have never used pesticides and I've been here over 20 years, but I don't like those in the house. I also see a huntsman now and then, right now there is a tiny one over the bed on the ceiling.

AndreDecasa

Arachnopeon
These huntsman are roaming all around the neighborhood and has been a part of many houses in the Philippines. Many people actually respect these creatures along with cellar spiders, native geckos, jumping spiders and many more, because they keep out the pest especially mosquitos which carry dengue. Dengue is such a big deal in the country and has killed over thousands and thousands of citizens every year. I'm glad they're here to help. :happy: