Beautiful new whips

The Seraph

Arachnolord
So big! How much humidity do they need? I know they need a lot, but how much?

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
So big! How much humidity do they need? I know they need a lot, but how much?
I’m not super particular about numbers or anything, I just mist their enclosures every so often so the soil stays damp and they get a little bit of condensation.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
662DB364-46A7-46FB-9EB8-788CB3D4BEA3.jpeg 930397AC-96AE-4BDB-B598-8862F4B15DEF.jpeg 656E5227-CA5A-4A23-BE32-1E65A00A8BAA.jpeg

Another beautiful fresh molt. These guys have spun me onto a whip addiction! It’s a shame it seems not too many people specialize on them.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel

They've gotten so big! They're easily some of my absolute favorites in my collection. I could honestly sit and watch them for hours, their movements are mesmerizing.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
1593564371701.png
Apologies for the image quality this time around, but felt it was due time for another update!

They've grown extremely well for me, and I have been able to determine that I do in fact have a pair! I'm fairly certain the whip pictured here is the male. The male has been far more skittish and less enthusiastic about food, whereas the female will take prey as soon as it hits the board.

I'm also happy to say that I'll be getting a third batesii sometime this next month! Stay tuned for that update hopefully in the near future.

aphono

Arachnobaron
Congrats!! Mine are all female, agh. Really could use a male to help keep their numbers up in the hobby.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Congrats!! Mine are all female, agh. Really could use a male to help keep their numbers up in the hobby.
Just messaged you :) mine isn't ready yet, but I'd like to see them breeding some day, so we should talk!

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
2A7C8B70-4F5A-46B9-9449-A75C249C12E0.jpeg
Good news and bad news- good news is their new vivarium came together beautifully and should be almost ready for them! I cannot wait until it fully grows in, it should be stunning.

Bad news is the third batesii is STILL not here. I’ve been waiting on the dealer to process orders ahead of mine for quite a while now, but hopefully soon...

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
While I don’t have any pictures of worth as I didn’t want to disturb them, my female dropped eggs last night! Hopefully all goes well and we end up with some beautiful babies a couple months down the line :)

schmiggle

Arachnoking
While I don’t have any pictures of worth as I didn’t want to disturb them, my female dropped eggs last night! Hopefully all goes well and we end up with some beautiful babies a couple months down the line :)
That's awesome! These always seem right on the edge of disappearing from the US, and it's great that you're breeding them.

paumotu

Arachnobaron
Fantastic, I had assumed they were basically extinct in the US prior to this thread!

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
It’s with a heavy heart that I report that she’s eaten the eggs. I left them in the care of a friend while I visited family for a week, and came back to them being much too dry. I fear the extra stressor pushed her to hit reset.

This is only a small setback though. If we can get there once, we can do it again!

ThemantismanofPA

Arachnoknight
It’s with a heavy heart that I report that she’s eaten the eggs. I left them in the care of a friend while I visited family for a week, and came back to them being much too dry. I fear the extra stressor pushed her to hit reset.

This is only a small setback though. If we can get there once, we can do it again!
thats the attitude! Just got to wait for her to molt, right?