Bearded Dragon Roach?

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A roach accidently made his way into a package of scorps I got, he was mixed in with the newspaper. {D Anyway, this is my last day baby-sitting a bearded dragon, can I give it to him as a going home treat or is it too big? Only people who are owners and have done it or know not to, or people who know positivly so should anwser cause I'm not looking to hurt him. :)

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
First of all, just to be sure--this was a "wild" house roach that got into the shipment? In that case, I wouldn't feed it to the dragon, as it might be contaminated with pesticides or parasites.

On another note, lizards should only be fed prey NO LARGER THAN the space between their eyes. That's how you know if it's too big. :)

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you for the response spore. :) No, it is not wild of course, the seller is a breeder and someone " a spouse who shall remain nameless, lol" may have accidently bumped a container or two and bunch got out, this guy must have snuck into one of the packages behind his back. :) It appears to be some sort of lobster roach. I tossed it in a heterometrus tank because it was rather large and those are the largest scorps I have, but if he didn't want it I figured I'd give it to the beardie. I chased the roach around and the scorp finally took it so it's gone now. I did read about the food as big as that gap but I forgot, thanks for refreshing my memory. It was fun keeping this guy for the week!

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Beware!! If you feed the Beardie a roach, you may have to starve him to get him to eat anything less tastey. It happened to me! {D

If you can live with this... introducing your "guest" to the delicassy of the roach world... then absolutely, feed him his treat. As long as it fits, of course. :cool: