Be careful what you wish for......

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
.....because you might get it!

I was kind of bummed because my Rosie wasn't using her shelter's. She took up residence alittle over 48 hours ago in a coconut right after a large meal and now all I see are her front legs sticking out unless I get a flashlight. I think she's watching me though but she doesn't move....just sits there waiting. :?

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL.........maybe now you'll have to use reverse psychology & wish for it to stay in the hide.:p Maybe it will come out again.:D

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'll lure her out with some food....she gets pretty hungry about every 3 or 4 days. Anybody ever feed a super worm to a rosie?

Last edited:

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
Same thing happened to me my mature male rosey hadnt ate in about a month i figured id try once again to give him food he is always above his hide well needless to say he got the cric and begain eating went under his hide and up until a few hours ago jus came back out after being under there the whole night and day.-jason

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
I know what you mean!

My G. Rosea used to never use her hide, she always just stayed near the side of the tank in one spot. Lately she's been using her hide all the time and only comes out to eat. I think she finally got comfortable with her home. I had heard that G. Roseas are burrowers in the wild, but usually don't burrow or use a hide in captivity due to being held outside of their normal habitat. I wonder if the same holds true for CB G. Roseas?

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My rosie came out today and has stayed out. I picked up a half dozen crickets. I was trying for wax worms, butterworms or superworms but none of the places I went to had them. She must have been resting and building up energy because she was out with a bang. She must have been starved or dehydrated when I got her because she was nailing the crickets hard today. I mean she literally hopped on one and smacked it down onto the substrate and snatched it up. She was much more intense and fast compared to previous feedings. She does the feeding dance faster and eats the crickets in about half the time. I guess two weeks with constant water supply and several good feedings have really got her feeling good and strong. Now I want to get more tarantulas even more than before. UGH!

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I feed superworms all the time, mealworms too. In fact, I've not fed any crickets to the Ts in probably 6 months or so. Those, and lobster roaches make up my gangs diet. So far, it's working great, and alot less of a hassle too.
My rosies love to dig for the superworms, they will wait till it's buried, then go after it :)