Barn owl keeps calling

Duriana

Arachnoknight
So for the past 4 days we've heard an owl repeatedly call at night in the farm field next to us. It sounds like a barn owl mating call but it's been going on for a while now and it sounds like it's coming from the exact same place. I'm sorta getting worried that it's some kind of distress call. Would it really be doing a mating call for 4 nights straight? When I looked up a barn owl distress call it sounded nothing like it.. it's just weird that it's been sounding like it's in the same place. The field isn't our property so it's not like we can go check on it, but a little reassurance would keep my mind at ease. Any help is appreciated thanks!

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
So for the past 4 days we've heard an owl repeatedly call at night in the farm field next to us. It sounds like a barn owl mating call but it's been going on for a while now and it sounds like it's coming from the exact same place. I'm sorta getting worried that it's some kind of distress call. Would it really be doing a mating call for 4 nights straight? When I looked up a barn owl distress call it sounded nothing like it.. it's just weird that it's been sounding like it's in the same place. The field isn't our property so it's not like we can go check on it, but a little reassurance would keep my mind at ease. Any help is appreciated thanks!
When I was a girl, fences never stopped me.
Just saying...

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Fences, no problem. Irate parents, yes. I'm betting on it being horny. I'm also wondering if they are in the mate for life crowd and it lost it's SO.

Nephila Edulis

Arachnoknight
There's a frogmouth who always calls on the same flag pole outside my house. it might be a call to establish territory, I don't think an owl would call if it was trapped or injured. Owls are mostly solitary so a distress call wouldn't do much good if nobody is coming to help. All it would do would be attracting larger predators

Duriana

Arachnoknight
Just saying...
:rofl: Well they also have around four No Tresspassing signs on it. But hey I guess I have some kind of excuse :angelic:

Fences, no problem. Irate parents, yes. I'm betting on it being horny. I'm also wondering if they are in the mate for life crowd and it lost it's SO.
Yep they do have mates for life.

There's a frogmouth who always calls on the same flag pole outside my house. it might be a call to establish territory, I don't think an owl would call if it was trapped or injured. Owls are mostly solitary so a distress call wouldn't do much good if nobody is coming to help. All it would do would be attracting larger predators
That's true. Thanks everybody for your help :happy:

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Just saying...
If you let them stop you now you've become too respectable.

My usual rule has been "if you can walk through it, whoever put It up must not care if you do," which admittedly has gotten me into trouble in the past.