Bark scorpion enclosures

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
As I am starting to get into scorpions, I found the bark scorpions to be very fascinating. As of for enclosures, I was thinking of one of these cages:

https://www.mantisplace.com/product-page/2-x-large-hex

And the species that I am thinking would be arizona, texas or florida bark scorpions, Central american bark scorpions. Any other good bark scorpions for the enclosure? I am taking care of a hetermetrus scorpion and it is pretty easy.

Insertcoolnamehere

Arachnopeon
As I am starting to get into scorpions, I found the bark scorpions to be very fascinating. As of for enclosures, I was thinking of one of these cages:

And the species that I am thinking would be arizona, texas or florida bark scorpions, Central american bark scorpions. Any other good bark scorpions for the enclosure? I am taking care of a hetermetrus scorpion and it is pretty easy.
I'm in your boat too I have a h. Longimanus and am looking to either get some. Barks or start a communal tank for h. Longimanus so I'll be watching what other users say as well

ZX14

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

With adult arboreal scorpions, I have personally had luck with a ten gallon aquarium, split in half with a piece of acrylic sealed to each side and the bottom. I use a small heat pad split between the two sides, giving me two enclosures with heat. With the barks that you mentioned, they are all arboreal and communal so place plenty of vertical cork and sticks to climb on and hide...as well as a small water bowl kept full.

I would not recommend mixing any species in the same enclosures or mixing any terrestrial species with any arboreal species. I.e: do not mix your Asian Forest Scorpion in with any of the bark scorpions.

Good luck :)

I have kept Isometrus maculatus, Babycurus jacksoni, and Centruroides gracilis all in this manner.

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
Yea I was wondering that I am keeping mantids and asssassin bugs and I was like yes I should keep aboreal scorpions and tarantulas.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You could keep some C. gracilis or the like in there, just make sure the air holes for ventillation are small enough that they cannot squeeze through.

I generally keep mine in deli cups of various sizes until they mature. At that point they generally go in a communal shoebox enclosure with various leaning bark.

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
Then there is the problem for breeding and maintenance of the enclosures. Would isopods be of some help in cleaning the enclosures?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Dwarf white isopods or springtails are great for a clean up crew. I have an adult pair of C. gracilis + some 4-5i slings. I have had dwarf whites in all of them, and they do really well. Really help to outcompete any mites that get in their enclosures (I think that's how it works). They reproduce quickly and stay small so they can be kept with sub adults.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Vertical and leaning bark is mandatory for all Centruroides.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
My C gracilus seem to thrive with high humidity. I don't know what type of top you have to the enclosure but make sure it traps moisture. I must frequently and don't do water dishes. That one seems quite large.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
With adult arboreal scorpions, I have personally had luck with a ten gallon aquarium, split in half with a piece of acrylic sealed to each side and the bottom. I use a small heat pad split between the two sides, giving me two enclosures with heat. With the barks that you mentioned, they are all arboreal and communal so place plenty of vertical cork and sticks to climb on and hide...as well as a small water bowl kept full.

I would not recommend mixing any species in the same enclosures or mixing any terrestrial species with any arboreal species. I.e: do not mix your Asian Forest Scorpion in with any of the bark scorpions.

Good luck :)

I have kept Isometrus maculatus, Babycurus jacksoni, and Centruroides gracilis all in this manner.
Actually just got a tank a friend had left here at the university years ago that's set up like that. Going to need a bit of cleaning up, but I think it'll make a great Tityus enclosure.

Out of curiosity, do you still have the Isometrus? That's one of those species that seems to just skate along the edge of the US hobby but never gets offered (or does very infrequently).